Jesse Edwards' Choice? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards' Choice?

I always liked Jesse a lot. He is a smart kid with an SU degree in a real major. He will always be a fellow alum.

He graduated and moved on for more $$$. That's the way it is now. The guys who come to SU from elsewhere are doing exactly the same thing. Truthfully, once a player has his degree it is even smarter to go to the highest bidder. It sucks from a fan standpoint, but it's a business.

Now, whether that highest bid actually gets paid out is another thing but there is no guarantee that it gets paid out at SU either. Did we get our "money's worth" with McLeod, Westry, or Cuffe? To be determined. Did they? Who knows.
it's a business now. Jesse did great business because he got the superior degree from SU and the equally green money from a crappy program like WVU. It's like me moving from one investment bank to another for a guarantee. I can always roundtrip it after the guarantee runs out. This is biz 101

I really don’t think him being on our team this year changes things much. Maybe we win the @BC game. Other than that we have the same record.
makes all the difference in the world, he's a scorer, decent shot blocker and rim protector and rebounder. Everything we need. With him, Maliq shifts to his normal position and is even more better and effective. One player in basketball, an-all ACC player last year, can be difference in going to the NCAAs and what we see this year with Cuse.

I always liked Jesse a lot. He is a smart kid with an SU degree in a real major. He will always be a fellow alum.

He graduated and moved on for more $$$. That's the way it is now. The guys who come to SU from elsewhere are doing exactly the same thing. Truthfully, once a player has his degree it is even smarter to go to the highest bidder. It sucks from a fan standpoint, but it's a business.

Now, whether that highest bid actually gets paid out is another thing but there is no guarantee that it gets paid out at SU either. Did we get our "money's worth" with McLeod, Westry, or Cuffe? To be determined. Did they? Who knows.
.....no truer words were ever spoken..."it sucks from a fans standpoint, but it is a business".

Disagree. We have several more wins with Jesse. He changes the entire focus of our offense. He‘s a proven double figure rebounder and conservative 14-17 point per game scorer. These kind of players don’t grow on trees.
Some of our posters believe they do when Red goes to the portal next time.

Toon me het geld
Show Me The Money GIF

A big what if - our season is drastically different with Maliq at the 4 and Taylor/Bell playing their actual positions. I keep telling myself not to be hypocritical because we've grown accustomed to doing the poaching and being the "winners" of the deal. It's a weird new normal to get used to. If I'm being honest it's probably something I'll never get over when players of a certain caliber leave. Players should do what they think is best for themselves, but at the same I just want every player to unconditionally love Syracuse like we all do.

I can't ever begrudge a player trying to get paid. Basketball careers are short, and Jesse's likely not going to be pulling big contracts. So what if he shopped one offer around to get a better one-- if he was a software engineer getting a better offer by doing that, none of us would have a problem with it.

Jesse would have made a world of difference for us-- but he did what he thought was best for himself.

I can't ever begrudge a player trying to get paid. Basketball careers are short, and Jesse's likely not going to be pulling big contracts. So what if he shopped one offer around to get a better one-- if he was a software engineer getting a better offer by doing that, none of us would have a problem with it.

Jesse would have made a world of difference for us-- but he did what he thought was best for himself.
The only thing I disagree with is I think he did what his dad thought was the best thing for him. I think Jesse wanted to stay. And I bet, he still wishes he did.

The only thing I disagree with is I think he did what his dad thought was the best thing for him. I think Jesse wanted to stay. And I bet, he still wishes he did.
Yeah fair enough. I don't know that much of the details of how it went down .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom