Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point not sure it matters. The entire social media verse is in the camp that everything from Jesse, AW is accurate, the University has royally messed up and then on the fringe of that folks clamoring leadership should be booted and replaced.

All that said- it's confusing to follow and not sure anything at this point is going to clear this stain for a while. Say leadership was pushed out... then what? It's honestly a pretty embarrassing ordeal overall.
The university messed up because they (a) had to distance themselves from a walking rules violation, and (b) didn’t allow themselves to be used by a money grubbing Dad?

The horror.

I do very well financially with my business and I've always said I'll never work FOR anyone ever again. That being said, if one of the Titans of my industry came with a certain number...well I have my number/buyout price. Some may think it's an outrageous amount, but if someone is willing to pay it I'd sell out for sure. I don't blame Jesse. He will never get $800k in a year again to play basketball. Get your bag kid.

The university messed up because they (a) had to distance themselves from a walking rules violation, and (b) didn’t allow themselves to be used by a money grubbing Dad?

The horror.

I'm not disagreeing at all. Just saying one side of the story is flying out and about and people are buying it. It would be nice if all these "journalists" took a moment to realize it's not helping...

I'm not disagreeing at all. Just saying one side of the story is flying out and about and people are buying it. It would be nice if all these "journalists" took a moment to realize it's not helping...
It’s an easy story and gets clicks.

SU can’t respond to either.

It’d be nice if some folks here didn’t fall for it, but I have low expectations for this place.

Funny and ridiculous as it may be... we are a trending joke on social media right now. I've got no issue with not feeding the trolls or angry social media folks. And was only dropping a stupid hypothetical.. but none of these perceived "solutions" would do any good... and yet people truly think it would...
You should stop caring about what people say on social media. No one’s going to remember any of this in a month.

Funny and ridiculous as it may be... we are a trending joke on social media right now. I've got no issue with not feeding the trolls or angry social media folks. And was only dropping a stupid hypothetical.. but none of these perceived "solutions" would do any good... and yet people truly think it would...
Sorry to disappoint, but we don’t seem to be trending on Twitter. I don’t know how to check other platforms.

I do very well financially with my business and I've always said I'll never work FOR anyone ever again. That being said, if one of the Titans of my industry came with a certain number...well I have my number/buyout price. Some may think it's an outrageous amount, but if someone is willing to pay it I'd sell out for sure. I don't blame Jesse. He will never get $800k in a year again to play basketball. Get your bag kid.
…but do it with class.

Would you do an interview and lie about it?

Sorry to disappoint, but we don’t seem to be trending on Twitter. I don’t know how to check other platforms.

It showed we were on mine not long ago... but if not on others that's a good thing.

It showed we were on mine not long ago... but if not on others that's a good thing.
Think it depends on what accounts you follow. We are trending on mine also.

You should stop caring about what people say on social media. No one’s going to remember any of this in a month.

So long as it stops being news sure. Harsh reality is social media drives most conversations these days. It's the preferred vehicle anymore. I consume far less than the average person. Would be nice if no one was paying attention to it.

It’s a competitive media market because of Newhouse.

The expectations at WVU are going to be F4 or bust when this kind of money is being shelled out.

Edwards told ESPN ... "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."

Well that's not encouraging. But not a surprise given how JB's comments regarding NIL until just very recently was along the lines that he and the Athletic dept had nothing to do with NIL. It was a conversation a recruit should have with the private business community. Wonder how many recruits immediately eliminated Syracuse after hearing that answer.
Example 2

The best player on a team that wasn’t close to the tourney.
* shrug *

I liked Jesse but honestly this really doesn’t move the needle that much for me. These dudes playing 5 years of college are cringe to me. Go away. (Note..I get it...not suggesting they shouldn’t take the money)

that said...if Mintz goes elsewhere and not the draft,...that would bother me quite a bit.
He’s been taken care of.

No one is criticizing Jesse for taking the money but everyone is blasting him for going scorched earth on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom