Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring Hak in and have him show Edwards how to dunk anywhere within 5 feet of the hoop. That video of him in the other thread was a great reminder of how great it is having an aggressive approach around the basket.

If his knee is healthy and good to go I would take Westry over both Bell and and Taylor every day of the week.
It doesn't have to be "over Bell and Taylor." That is old-school thinking that I don't believe will be relevant for Red's program in the coming years.

Any talents we add moving forward -- be it Westry or Bradley or Player X -- will be brought in to compliment/augment/bolster the roster of talent in the program.

Exactly. It isn't official with Jesse yet. I hope he stays (I'd rather have him than any portal guy tbh) but the NIL vs going professional is an issue, least it was the driving factor late two weeks ago/early last week. Hope they figured it out though
Hopefully our coaching staff knows something that we don't, to allow them to make statements publicly about this.

My thought is they do.

Sure I would gladly welcome Jesse back. But if we bring back all the same guys and put the same team on the floor (plus JJ) my fear is we get pretty much the same result. Don't want to have to expect Red to be John Wooden.

Sure I would gladly welcome Jesse back. But if we bring back all the same guys and put the same team on the floor (plus JJ) my fear is we get pretty much the same result. Don't want to have to expect Red to be John Wooden.
We added Starling though.

Does he bring Kareem?

If the team flips some close losses they had to wins the team can snag 5-7 more wins vs last season. I do think not being in the zone will help defensively a ton.

If the team flips some close losses they had to wins the team can snag 5-7 more wins vs last season. I do think not being in the zone will help defensively a ton.
Plus, players get better. Especially when a lot of them are freshmen.

It’s not like we’ve got a team full of guys who have already maxed out what they can do. At least, I don’t think we do.

Keep pretty much everybody, plus adding a talented guard that better fits the style of play we’re trying to go for than the guard who transferred….we should be better next year than this year.

Plus, [some] players get better.
Not all. We've got some pretty solid evidence just from the last few years about players not getting better, at all. Bright spots? Jesse got a lot better. Buddy got a fair bit better. JG3 didn't improve appreciably at all. Most of the frosh recruited over the last 5-6 years have transferred out and either didn't improve at all or went backwards.

I caught that hint. And Devo suggested that Jesse would be back on his podcast, too. So I feel good about it and am hoping that an announcement from Jesse is forthcoming.
Doesnt add up...we had a poster on here talking about how they have already told us all that neither were gonna be back...book it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom