Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all. We've got some pretty solid evidence just from the last few years about players not getting better, at all. Bright spots? Jesse got a lot better. Buddy got a fair bit better. JG3 didn't improve appreciably at all. Most of the frosh recruited over the last 5-6 years have transferred out and either didn't improve at all or went backwards.
True. Joe is a guy who largely maxed out early though - 5’10 body who played a lot right away. Not as much room to grow, other than to get more efficient (which he did).

If the team flips some close losses they had to wins the team can snag 5-7 more wins vs last season. I do think not being in the zone will help defensively a ton.
Agree. I don't know if we'll be better defensively against good teams but I think we're much less likely to give up lots of points to the Colgates of the world. That will translate to some additional wins.

Doesnt add up...we had a poster on here talking about how they have already told us all that neither were gonna be back...book it
Before or after JB was moved on?

If he leaves, he's not going to portal. He'd be going to Yurp to play for some cash.
You don’t think he’d be getting significant NIL money if he stays?

Yeah I’m like 95% sure Jesse will be back. And I think it’s more likely Mintz comes back than he doesn’t at this point at well.

We are going to have a STRONG big 3 of Judah, JJ and Jesse which is a really solid core.

Then you have a bunch of really good role players in Benny, Maliq, Taylor, Bell, Copeland

Still think we add a transfer like Westry to be the 3rd guard and possibly another forward. This teams going to be pretty good

Yeah I’m like 95% sure Jesse will be back. And I think it’s more likely Mintz comes back than he doesn’t at this point at well.

We are going to have a STRONG big 3 of Judah, JJ and Jesse which is a really solid core.

Then you have a bunch of really good role players in Benny, Maliq, Taylor, Bell, Copeland

Still think we add a transfer like Westry to be the 3rd guard and possibly another forward. This teams going to be pretty good
Mintz returning? I wouldn’t count on that.

That’s a top 20 roster right there. I’m excited about potential for the first time since 2016.

It’s the same team as last year except we traded Girard for JJ, we go from mid 100s to top 20 with that move and not playing zone? I don’t buy that just yet.
That, plus guys getting better?

Maybe.

We need a 1999 to 2000 progression and not a 2018 to 2019 stagnation.

Those are the examples that come to mind of seasons where we returned almost everybody.

That, plus guys getting better?

Maybe.

We need a 1999 to 2000 progression and not a 2018 to 2019 stagnation.

Those are the examples that come to mind if seasons where we returned almost everybody.
Don’t guys get better on other teams too though?

We need progression and someone we’re not expecting to step up to step up.

End of the day the roster isn’t much different, if our move is swapping Joe for JJ then that isn’t good,

Don’t guys get better on other teams too though?

We need progression and someone we’re not expecting to step up to step up.

End of the day the roster isn’t much different, if our move is swapping Joe for JJ then that isn’t good,
Sure, but most teams don’t have that many experienced guys that have been playing together, returning.

I know there’s probably more moves coming via the portal so I’m not stressed, but right now, we’d only be trading Joe for JJ with “improvement” from others… but I agree with two3zone, hard to believe that will significantly jump us in the standings, there were times when JJ really struggled as a freshman as well.

We just need some better players, I thought it was pretty clearly agreed upon by the large majority that the skills & roster just wasn’t up to par, now everyone doesn’t think that anymore?

Again, I do think there’s more to come, but this current iteration is not moving the needle much… I do think we’ll be better, just not significantly so. We’ll see

It’s the same team as last year except we traded Girard for JJ, we go from mid 100s to top 20 with that move and not playing zone? I don’t buy that just yet.
Agreed. I'm going to choose to be optimistic come November. And I think it's within the range of possibilities that we're much better than we were this past season.

However, we will still be breaking in a brand new, first time head coach. And we'll be radically changing our style of play on both ends of the floor.

So I'm holding off on the top 25 proclamations for the time being.

Not all. We've got some pretty solid evidence just from the last few years about players not getting better, at all. Bright spots? Jesse got a lot better. Buddy got a fair bit better. JG3 didn't improve appreciably at all. Most of the frosh recruited over the last 5-6 years have transferred out and either didn't improve at all or went backwards.
But was questioned as to whether he was a D-1 player, and wound up in NBA. I would say that’s quite a bit of improvement.

Seems to quite the spread of what folks are hearing on Judah. If I recall everything was very tight lipped in his recruitment till the end as well.

Well, he didn't portal, right? So if he doesn't go pro (which seems he isn't getting 1st round this year, but might next year), then he should be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom