Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently Jesse is getting $750,000.00 from a Dutch WVU grad. Essentially doubled our offer.
FWIW, was also told the BOT did not like Weitsman flying in rappers, and Syverud was told to cut out Weitsman.
From the dad of a guy deep in the athletic dept.
If I’m getting offered $750k and cuse is only offering $350-$400k then I would transfer too lol

Evidently Jesse is getting $750,000.00 from a Dutch WVU grad. Essentially doubled our offer.
FWIW, was also told the BOT did not like Weitsman flying in rappers, and Syverud was told to cut out Weitsman.

Not sure about the Dutch WVU part but everything else that is in this post is pretty spot on

You mean SU frowns upon 17 year old HS recruits being flown up in a plane full of rap stars, their entourages, and copious amounts of drugs and alcohol?

I'm fine with SU wanting to distance itself from Weitsman (or at least being willing to do so), but it's the lack of a Plan B other than "hold our breath until NIL goes away" that irks me, if that's what it is.

i know the weitsman thing was official this week... but its been on this forum since the week Boeheim retired.

and its been said there was a plan b.

would be quite a coincidence if everyone was just lucky about weitsman news a month ago.

You mean SU frowns upon 17 year old HS recruits being flown up in a plane full of rap stars, their entourages, and copious amounts of drugs and alcohol?

Uhm…have you seen a recruit that goes to castle??

I mean, there’s a certain football player that was on team, that told me a story about his recruiting weekend at Syracuse….

Let’s just say, the copious amount of drugs and alcohol isn’t just limited to “rappers” and he doesn’t remember too much of his nights at Cuse when he came on visits

i know the weitsman thing was official this week... but its been on this forum since the week Boeheim retired.

and its been said there was a plan b.

would be quite a coincidence if everyone was just lucky about weitsman news a month ago.

Honestly shocked it took as long as it did to be put on the press…

I had heard the rumblings since before the final two games….

Hence why he brought in the make a wish for the final two games.

They were supposed to be other celeb appearances for the final two games.

He then Jetted off for the America East Tourney to support Binghamton and didn’t even consider flying down to the ACC tourney……..

If I’m getting offered $750k and cuse is only offering $350-$400k then I would transfer too lol
I think that was only part of it. The father kept upping the ante. Pretty sure we offered more than that too and we thought that may have been too much for Jesse. The father was just looking for the highest bidder. Hope it works out, but based on the shenanigans in the portal I wonder if he actually gets that final number.

I think that was only part of it. The father kept upping the ante. Pretty sure we offered more than that too and we thought that may have been too much for Jesse. The father was just looking for the highest bidder. Hope it works out, but based on the shenanigans in the portal I wonder if he actually gets that final number.

If the $ is really coming from a Dutch grad than I bet he is getting the number thrown out to him, if that's not the source of the $ though, good chance he's getting jerked around a bit.

Ding ding ding ding

It got to a price where we said ehhhhhhhh not worth it

Have to remember portal and NIL is like free agency…every team sees guys at a certain value now…

I mean we signed JJ Starling, I promise, he wasn’t cheap. Obviously, Coach Autry said enough was enough with the bidding war for Jesse and let him walk.

This stuff always gets messy when parents/agents/minders get involved

We had the money we were willing to pay Jesse…but we weren’t going to over pay for him

If the $ is really coming from a Dutch grad than I bet he is getting the number thrown out to him, if that's not the source of the $ though, good chance he's getting jerked around a bit.
They got Zona’s Estonian Pg too so apparently they have a way of getting Euro guys.

I heard it was a little bit lower than this, but I don’t doubt your info at all.

Right - because those teams were loaded and his minutes were kept around 25 mpg.

Hyping up the counting stats of guys on bad teams is a mistake. Somebody scores on every team.
Absolutely, but Jesse is absolutely more skilled on offense than AO was imo. When AO was underneath the basket with the ball it was two points.

Jesse was the third option this year and the fourth or fifth last year and still put up great counting stats.

I’m not even going to pretend I looked at the stats but I think the advanced stats would probably give the edge to Jesse as well, just guessing.

Uhm…have you seen a recruit that goes to castle??

I mean, there’s a certain football player that was on team, that told me a story about his recruiting weekend at Syracuse….

Let’s just say, the copious amount of drugs and alcohol isn’t just limited to “rappers” and he doesn’t remember too much of his nights at Cuse when he came on visits
When we hosted kids at our D3 program it was basically what do you want to do, stay in and play video games or go out and get hammered and dance with chicks. Most chose going out

If that's what Waters saying, it's not accurate. Devendorf didn't guarantee Jesse was coming back for no reason. We had 100% figured it out.
Ok so now we are trashing Mike like Axe. I dont think both of these guys are wrong.

Absolutely, but Jesse is absolutely more skilled on offense than AO was imo. When AO was underneath the basket with the ball it was two points.

Jesse was the third option this year and the fourth or fifth last year and still put up great counting stats.

I’m not even going to pretend I looked at the stats but I think the advanced stats would probably give the edge to Jesse as well, just guessing.
Hmm….really different players.

AO was shorter but strong and he was very skilled around the hoop, footwork wise and good with either hand, and that quick jump hook was tough.

Jesse holds the ball too long and gets pushed off his spots and doesn’t always turn the right way. But he’s obviously really tall with a nice touch, and has that face up short bank shot in his tool box. And could make FT’s.

If we’re talking, “who would you rather dump the ball to on the low block”, I’m going AO.

Jesse can post up decent, and is the better target for lobs and passes off the pick and roll.

True but he played with a ton better guys who scored and rebounded and - as much as I like Arinze - he wasn't a great player.
Arinze never shot less than 56% and played in the NBA. Edwards is actually one of the offensively least skilled centers we have had. Not close to Arinze, Christmas, Otis, Seikaly, Rosie, Schayes, Coleman, Etan, Fab. You are looking at numbers. I'm looking at impact. What some of these guys lacked in offensive skills, they more than mad up in other ways of impacting the game. All these guys played in the nba for at least a cup of coffee except hill (who might have been the most skilled as far as low post offense). I don't see Jesse in their class.

I like Mike Waters a lot, I rarely ever would question his reporting, but we figured out the NIL stuff. That’s just a fact. If Mike is hearing otherwise, it’s likely coming from the Edwards family who have their own agenda. It doesn’t look as good for them to say “we got a higher offer.”

If there's one thing we learned from some of the teams that made runs in the tournament is you don't need 6'11 or 7'1 at the center position. A 6'8 or 6'9 guy in the middle could work, as well as a 3 guard lineup.

He doesn't look that physical, though, to defend ACC centers. I would put him at about 220-230. If you're a relatively short center, you need to be stronger than that, like Otis Hill or Andre Hawkins or Orinze Onuaku.

I like Mike Waters a lot, I rarely ever would question his reporting, but we figured out the NIL stuff. That’s just a fact. If Mike is hearing otherwise, it’s likely coming from the Edwards family who have their own agenda. It doesn’t look as good for them to say “we got a higher offer.”

Correct, especially because Jesse technically didn’t enter the portal until the other day

These offeres were coming in back in March. This is tampering no matter what NCAA world we are in. Jesse family isn’t going to admit to that, it’s a recruiting violation waiting to happen to whatever school he ends up at….

Ask yourself this, how can all of these other schools “figure it out” for Jesse

And we can’t?? Syracuse is slow to react at times but this time I can promise you, we had it under control

We just got to a point where we decided the money we were spending on Jesse wasn’t worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom