Jim Boeheim Day | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim Day

I think the timing of this is perfect whether it was planned or not. This was a major transition and I think that we’ve reached a point of acceptance. I see Saturday as the day when the keys officially get turned over to Autry and is embraced as the ‘Head Coach’ and Boeheim is officially embraced as the ‘emeritus’ figure to the program.
Helpful we’re playing Louisville too. Spirits should be good after the game.

I would be thrilled if Syracuse unveiled a banner in the dome honoring JB with 1,116 (not 1,015) wins!

The NCAA has no teeth, the time to recognize ALL of his wins is now. Revise the media guide too if those even still exist. Screw the NCAA.

-+
Ideally, it should have been done at the end of last year, but things got a bit complicated.

Agreed.

I'm OK with it since Red is legacy... if we had an outside-hire coach, it would be more disrespectful.

-+

Agreed.

I'm OK with it since Red is legacy... if we had an outside-hire coach, it would be more disrespectful.
It would be disrespectful to our new coach to honor our HOFer who was HC for almost 50 years? Not sure I'm following correctly. How is that disrespectful?

It would be disrespectful to our new coach to honor our HOFer who was HC for almost 50 years? Not sure I'm following correctly. How is that disrespectful?

Jim Boeheim Day on Jim Boeheim's court for Jim Boeheim's program... as CTO said, ideally, you wanted to do this at the end of last year before someone else took the reins on the program.

Is what it is and not a big deal since Red's a legacy.

JB isn't exactly young. You don't wait too long to do these things.
That’s true, but you also only get one shot to do these things. It does feel too soon and I think fans would look back and appreciate his legacy a bit more after the program finds its footing again. I think there’s an air of disenchantment with how things declined and how we’re still stuck in that mud. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, but ultimately we need to get fans to a better place to appreciate his whole body of work. I’d wait another couple years.

That’s true, but you also only get one shot to do these things. It does feel too soon and I think fans would look back and appreciate his legacy a bit more after the program finds its footing again. I think there’s an air of disenchantment with how things declined and how we’re still stuck in that mud. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, but ultimately we need to get fans to a better place to appreciate his whole body of work. I’d wait another couple years.
And if the program doesn't return to it's former glory? Will there be more disenchantment? Or because of health, we are never able to do it? What then?

And if the program doesn't return to it's former glory? Will there be more disenchantment?
It’s a matter of when not if we rise. Do you think Kentucky or Kansas fans talk like that when they have a down season?

It’s a matter of when not if we rise. Do you think Kentucky or Kansas fans talk like that when they have a down season?
Neither of those schools have nearly the entirety of their historical success linked to one coach.

You think Kansas is going to wait more than 1 season to have a ceremony for Self?

lets hope if there is a framed jersey involved someone double checks the spelling

Maybe they should just go with “JB” and then I could see that getting messed up too

I‘m 40 years younger than him and no way in hell would I make that drive from Bristol until 4 in the morning at this point in my life. That is nuts. I can’t believe Juli doesn’t make him get a hotel just to drive during the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom