Jim Boeheim Day | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim Day

IMG_3670.jpeg

I‘m 40 years younger than him and no way in hell would I make that drive from Bristol until 4 in the morning at this point in my life. That is nuts. I can’t believe Juli doesn’t make him get a hotel just to drive during the day.
That generation of men loves to drive long distances even when it's illogical. They should incorporate that into the next Progressive commercial.

My parents do road trips all the time instead of flying.
Pre-Covid we would have a family vacation where we all met up in South Carolina. My parents were coming from the furthest away in Syracuse, and we just pleaded with them to take like the hour and 45 minute direct flight via Allegiant. Nope, my Dad insisted on making the 14-hour drive because "flying is too unpredictable."

Pre-Covid we would have a family vacation where we all met up in South Carolina. My parents were coming from the furthest away in Syracuse, and we just pleaded with them to take like the hour and 45 minute direct flight via Allegiant. Nope, my Dad insisted on making the 14-hour drive because "flying is too unpredictable."
Sadly he’s probably right. Air travel has really deteriorated for multiple reasons the past decade. When I had a business trip to Kentucky I cancelled my flight to Indianapolis because of horrific flights getting there (my last leg was on a puddle jumper tiny plane that lost all my luggage). I drove from Kentucky to Indianapolis and got there quicker, which included dropping off the rental car than I would have flying.

Sadly he’s probably right. Air travel has really deteriorated for multiple reasons the past decade.
when i first started flying in the 70's it was typically jacket and tie. nowadays it's pajamas and pamper pets. not sure why anyone would want to watch TV when you have a rare spectacular view of the earth out the window. yes times have changed.

when i first started flying in the 70's it was typically jacket and tie. nowadays it's pajamas and pamper pets. not sure why anyone would want to watch TV when you have a rare spectacular view of the earth out the window. yes times have changed.
Started in the 60's Mohawk airlines, flying back to Fort Meade, plane made a lot of noise.
Then flew Lufthansa over to England, what a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom