Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 3 pages of this “Jimmy Boeheim thread” and I haven’t seen one post about Jimmy Boeheim. Every other SU basketball player has been named tho lol. I feel like this thread is the Griswold family Christmas dinner

Jimmy Boeheim played pretty good against us a couple years ago.

Now let me tell you why I think Kadary Richmond is so good that we don’t need any other guards. You see the thing about Kadary is...

What is the point here?
If Girard and Buddy struggle in a game I hope Griffin plays the SG. I don’t think he will in the second half of games if those 2 are struggling.
The point was, we do have a player who can be considered a 4th guard. That's an issue that you've been pretty vocal about - you maintain that we only have 3 guards and that it's a horrendous failure by the staff that we don't have a 4th. In fact, earlier today, in the "Andre Jackson breaks wrist" thread, you commented that a similar injury for SU "would leave us with 2 playable guards". I think that criticism is a bit silly - if either Kadary, Joe or Buddy got hurt (knock on wood again!) I think JB would find minutes for Griffin (and probably Woody) at the top of the zone. Both of those guys have already gotten minutes there this season, so I find it interesting that you're so fixated on "we have no 4th guard!", which I believe to be a non-issue.

I think your concern ultimately boils down to: you want Buddy and Joe to play less, and you definitely want to see lineups where neither one of them is on the floor. And I probably even agree with you in thinking that it would be interesting to see what a lineup of Kadary & AG up top, plus Marek, Sid and Quincy along the back line could do. But I don't think we're going to see much of this lineup - I think that JB thinks a lineup like this lacks shooting/spacing (even though a lot of people on the board like to poke fun at the concept of 'spacing').

If this season had unfolded differently (normally), with more non-conference games and with no injury to Sid - I bet JB would have given this lineup more of a look. Who knows? Maybe he will turn to it at some point, and if he does I hope that it sparks a huge run.

Hopefully this will put this to rest and Jimmy will finish up a very solid career at Cornell

Hopefully this will put this to rest and Jimmy will finish up a very solid career at Cornell

Happy for Jimmy and all the other Ivy League atlhletes will be allowed to finish their athletic careers at their chosen schools. It was the right thing to do.

Every other SU basketball player has been named tho lol. I feel like this thread is the Griswold family Christmas dinner
Here's a random picture of Devin Brennan-McBride for no reason.

1613084865247.png

what exactly do the kids study in yr 5? What if you are a major with no masters degree to take?

what exactly do the kids study in yr 5? What if you are a major with no masters degree to take?

There’s always a Masters degree that’s at least tangentially related.

Worst case - maybe dual-major in something else?

A “free” extra year of higher education can be incredibly valuable

Cornell is a huge school -- I'm sure there'd be something that Jimmy Jr. would be interested in.

Isn't he a finance major or something along those lines? Well, the Johnson School is one of the top rated MBA programs nationally.

I’v seen a few reports saying that his cumulative GPA is around 3.7, so I’d guess that would get him into Cornell’s B-school. That can’t be easy to do at a school like Cornell, especially while playing D-1 basketball.

I’v seen a few reports saying that his cumulative GPA is around 3.7, so I’d guess that would get him into Cornell’s B-school. That can’t be easy to do at a school like Cornell, especially while playing D-1 basketball.
I'm guessing that doesn't mean he can't take courses from the B-school.

Also, I'm thinking that a 3.7 wouldn't disqualify him from getting in if he wanted.
1613088594551.gif

I wouldnt think a 3.7 makes anything automatic at Cornell.. There are a ton of kids with 4.0s who cant even sniff getting into the school to start with and getting into Masters programs is not an automatic thing. My daughter just finished college with like a 4.0 and applied to 10 masters programs and got accepted to zero.. He may find it easier to get into 1 at other schools though

I wouldnt think a 3.7 makes anything automatic at Cornell.. There are a ton of kids with 4.0s who cant even sniff getting into the school to start with and getting into Masters programs is not an automatic thing. My daughter just finished college with like a 4.0 and applied to 10 masters programs and got accepted to zero.. He may find it easier to get into 1 at other schools though

A lot more than GPA goes into grad school admissions. I had a great GPA my first 2 1/2 years, but then I fell off badly, particularly my last semester, as I was losing motivation. I still got into a very solid law school a few years later, after I had gained some work experience. So, it's about more than just the numbers.

Jimmy will be here to play the 5

He's probably already beefier than Marek.

Let's just hope he doesn't start in with the Camel unfiltereds like Doley. :p

He's there already, as an athlete. He will get in. Cornell is not Stanford. This is a school that ion the 80's had exams on file, in hockey office, for the players

If only Cornell worked like Stanford in its admission office for athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom