Jimmy Patsos/Siena being investigated for comments | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Patsos/Siena being investigated for comments

Last edited:
"He has no filter"probably sums the guy up best.
Siena knew exactly who they were getting when they hired him. Hopefully Patsos got a good settlement. It's not like Siena has a lot of money and if they had to pay Pastsos three years salary, then that is going to dip into their coffers. Beilein, or whomever, isn't necessarily going to come cheap either (at least not less than Patsos was making).

Siena knew exactly who they were getting when they hired him. Hopefully Patsos got a good settlement. It's not like Siena has a lot of money and if they had to pay Pastsos three years salary, then that is going to dip into their coffers. Beilein, or whomever, isn't necessarily going to come cheap either (at least not less than Patsos was making).
Buyout is reportedly $350,000 out of a possible $1.1M.

Buyout is reportedly $350,000 out of a possible $1.1M.
Surprised it's not higher. He could have a future as a TV analyst if someone takes a shot at him.

GMac being mentioned???

A lot of our fans are probably rooting for this to happen.

Did NOT see that coming
Well, I did post at 5:00 that our guys will be out looking, but I didn't think it was going to be this year. I guess Assistants should always be looking for the next best thing.

Did NOT see that coming
You know why you didn't? Because it would be a bad hire for them. G-mac has a lot to prove as a recruiter and at that level, the head coach better be a good recruiter.

GMAC would love coaching in the Times Union Arena. Had a good 2 games there in 03. But I don't think it will happen. I think Beilein is front runner for the job. Remember when Louis was the coach at Siena for awhile.

Last edited:
You know why you didn't? Because it would be a bad hire for them. G-mac has a lot to prove as a recruiter and at that level, the head coach better be a good recruiter.

The type of recruit is worlds apart. Moyer, Sidibe, Goodine are on a different level than Siena. Losing out on Tucker and Green 1.0 isn’t applicable to recruiting at Siena.

The type of recruit is worlds apart. Moyer, Sidibe, Goodine are on a different level than Siena. Losing out on Tucker and Green 1.0 isn’t applicable to recruiting at Siena.
Who said it was? Good luck to G-mac but if I was hiring a coach at a Siena, I would want a bit better track record as a recruiter.

A lot of our fans are probably rooting for this to happen.
If GMac wants the SU job he should take this job and make the NCAAT like Tim Welsh did at Iona.
If GMac took Siena to the NCAAT then if he got the job after JB I wouldn’t open my mouth. He would have bet on himself and earned it.

The next HC should have some bench experience as a HC.

Scott Cherry is available (I think).
Nothing against Scott Cherry, but I would think Siena would be looking for someone with ties to Northeast recruiting. Scott has been down in NC for a long time.

Dear Saints fan,

Your support of Siena's Saints Alive! Athletic Fund makes a difference in the lives of over 325 student athletes. Because of you, they have the resources to practice, compete, and learn.

Recent incidents surrounding our men’s basketball program are disheartening and unacceptable. The athletic department prides itself on being a reflection of the values of the College. In this instance, we came up short. I pledge to you that we will do better and take the necessary steps to rebuild a program that will make you proud.

Below is a release that we recently posted to our website. You may have seen it already, but I wanted to send it personally along with my pledge.

Patsos Resigns Men’s Basketball Post
Search for New Coach Begins Immediately

LOUDONVILLE, NY - Siena College has accepted the resignation of men’s head basketball coach Jimmy Patsos.

Br. F. Edward Coughlin, O.F.M., Ph.D., president of Siena, and John D’Argenio, vice president and director of athletics, met with team members today to inform them of the resignation.

“Our men’s basketball program is among the many treasured traditions at Siena and a source of great pride among students, alumni, fans, and supporters. Over the years, the team has celebrated wins on some of the sport's biggest stages, and, experienced difficult losses and disappointments. Most importantly, the program has consistently represented the College with class, honor, and integrity.

“Siena’s founding Franciscan tradition calls upon us to honor the fundamental dignity of every person. Our core values demand compassion and help shape a community where all should feel welcomed, respected, and cherished. As we look forward to a new chapter in Siena men’s basketball, our shared commitment to upholding these ideals will continue to guide us,” said Br. Coughlin.

The College will immediately begin a national search for a new head coach.