JJ Starling calls Syracuse basketball homecoming a no-brainer | Syracusefan.com

JJ Starling calls Syracuse basketball homecoming a no-brainer

Great article. I recall the shoulder wraps but I didn't realize he was playing on a torn meniscus. I've been saying for months that JJ will be a very good 3-point shooter like he was before he played on a shoulder injury last year. Now I'm even more confident that will pan out. Judah will shoot well too. And that will help open things up, and will help Westry get more minutes, which dials up the defense and play making on this squad. Can't wait for the season to start.

That was a great piece by Donna. I learned a lot and did not realize how beat up JJ was last year. Hopefully that is past him.

Agreed- this brings it all together. Awesome article. There is never a guarantee but the approach with the proper mindset is a huge thing. This puts two very grounded and intelligent competitors in the starting backcourt. That maturity and professionalism from he and Judah bodes well. Looking forward to seeing them out there. Hopefully maybe we get a few more of these like with Chance too

Agreed- this brings it all together. Awesome article. There is never a guarantee but the approach with the proper mindset is a huge thing. This puts two very grounded and intelligent competitors in the starting backcourt. That maturity and professionalism from he and Judah bodes well. Looking forward to seeing them out there. Hopefully maybe we get a few more of these like with Chance too
Would love to read about Westry. I guess I don't even know why he transferred from Auburn? Obviously last season didn't go as planned with injuries, but I read that Westry was the 2022 Bruce Pearl was most excited about, so I'm not exactly sure why he left.

Does anyone know who was the lead Cuse recruiter for Westry when he was a high school recruit? I thought that it was G-Mac but I may be wrong.

Does anyone know who was the lead Cuse recruiter for Westry when he was a high school recruit? I thought that it was G-Mac but I may be wrong.
This post led me to scroll through the 96-page Westry recruiting thread. A rollercoaster for sure, but love to see the countless posts saying we'd be lucky to get one of Westry/Starling/Copeland. Now we have all 3 with college experience under their belt, plus Mintz.

That would be a heck of a development because Judah will be one of the best guards in the country.
I don't think it's so outrageous a prediction. I love Judah and expect a phenomenal season but Starling is blessed with certain physical gifts that I believe elevate his ceiling (and Judah is no slouch athletically)

I don't think it's so outrageous a prediction. I love Judah and expect a phenomenal season but Starling is blessed with certain physical gifts that I believe elevate his ceiling (and Judah is no slouch athletically)

Judah has skills on the ball JJ does not. Also he is already a better defender.

Judah has skills on the ball JJ does not. Also he is already a better defender.
I can't speak to Starling's defense but these guys are both very talented and I think a discussion of who is 'better' might come down to taste. I really do think the production is going to be there for both of them and we're going to be really happy

I can't speak to Starling's defense but these guys are both very talented and I think a discussion of who is 'better' might come down to taste. I really do think the production is going to be there for both of them and we're going to be really happy

I don't disagree they likely both will be very good but I do think Judah has some skillsets that are more advanced. That said if JJ makes a massive jump and ends up even better that would mean this team is at ceiling level.

"tell me JJ. ..what did multiple Mintz say to you ?"

OIP.HFbBIp39y42QyiuNNXt1JgHaEB.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom