Joe Moglia, Coastal Carolina | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Moglia, Coastal Carolina

Hey the guy also coached the Omaha Nighthawks in the UFL, can't buy experience like that. Also I went to high school with his step son so I could probably get tickets now pretty easy but yeah this is a hard pass since he is 66 years old.

Hey the guy also coached the Omaha Nighthawks in the UFL, can't buy experience like that. Also I went to high school with his step son so I could probably get tickets now pretty easy but yeah this is a hard pass since he is 66 years old.
We have been going to Chanticleer games lately as they are only 24 miles away from where we are on the coast. Moglia has it made where he is at Coastal. They are moving up to D1 next year and he is the man in the region and can do no wrong. Other than the fact that he is from NYC I can't imagine why he would leave where he is. He is a billionaire so it won't be for money.

It's far from idiotic. Idiotic would be hiring Edsall or Turner Gill.

I'm not saying this guy is the best choice, but his ideas about managing a football program, especially how he gets his reserves lots of reps are worth a closer look. I like how he tries to make pre-game decisions based on information, rather than "gut calls".

It's far from idiotic. Idiotic would be hiring Edsall or Turner Gill.

I'm not saying this guy is the best choice, but his ideas about managing a football program, especially how he gets his reserves lots of reps are worth a closer look. I like how he tries to make pre-game decisions based on information, rather than "gut calls".
It's idiotic that people keep pumping out articles saying he's a candidate. Right now he's now. Period.

Question: If he ended up the coach, could he donate some of his billions on the revamping of the dome?

LMAO, it seems his biggest asset is his assets. Everyone hoping he becomes the programs new sugar daddy.

Who the f is Kevin Trahan? Does he have any SU ties? Because if he does, they should be severed. And that decision is so reasonable, it's not close.

He's a soon-to-be senior at Northwestern, from Iowa.

This guy is my top choice. So he is old, big deal. He could still coach here for 5-10 years easily. He is not your typical meathead. Our hire probably has a 50% chance of being a good hire. This guy has succeeded in everything he does. He finds better ways to do things. He needs a shot to show his way works in the P5 and I hope we are the team that gives it to him.

Frankly, he is the only guy out that that excites me. I love the way he thinks. Frost? That guy has gigantic bust written all over him, sorry to say.
He would be a unique and quirky hire. I loved the piece they did on him for 60 Minutes. It's a different mindset and maybe SU needs kind of a reboot of sorts.

It's idiotic that people keep pumping out articles saying he's a candidate. Right now he's now. Period.

No one knows who is a candidate, so I'd expect plenty of articles talking up different people. You'll probably do a few yourself, nothing idiotic about it (unless people are writing about Turner Gill)

who cares about his age. The guy wins at everything he does

http://www.campusrush.com/college-football-coaching-carousel-ideal-candidates-1473920100.html

Syracuse
You're hiring: Coastal Carolina coach Joe Moglia

This is one of those programs that needs to think differently. The Orange can't amass enough talent to play exactly like the top teams in the ACC and expect to win. So, they must innovate. That's what the former Ameritrade CEO is doing at Coastal Carolina, and he could be just what Syracuse needs. Plus, imagine a recruit is interested in a business degree. Following this hire, he could attend a school with an excellent academic reputation and get coached by a guy who has Warren Buffett's number in his phone. That could provide an edge that could help Syracuse land some players who typically wouldn't consider the Orange.

http://www.campusrush.com/college-football-coaching-carousel-ideal-candidates-1473920100.html

Syracuse
You're hiring: Coastal Carolina coach Joe Moglia

This is one of those programs that needs to think differently. The Orange can't amass enough talent to play exactly like the top teams in the ACC and expect to win. So, they must innovate. That's what the former Ameritrade CEO is doing at Coastal Carolina, and he could be just what Syracuse needs. Plus, imagine a recruit is interested in a business degree. Following this hire, he could attend a school with an excellent academic reputation and get coached by a guy who has Warren Buffett's number in his phone. That could provide an edge that could help Syracuse land some players who typically wouldn't consider the Orange.
This is why you really need to think twice before pressing send.

I continue to think we are close to breakthrough. We have a lot of talented freshmen and sophomores would we're ready to win these games with so little help for the upper classmen. We need them to become juniors and seniors and be joined by a couple of other productive recruitng classes. We need a new coach who could bring them along and have success on the recruiting trail. We don't need a guy who is going to try to reinvent the game. We don't need a guy who has never recruited in this part of the country. we just need a guy to push us over the top so we can win these games instead of just competing well.