John Raymon - DE | Syracusefan.com

John Raymon - DE

RF2044

Living Legend
Here is an interesting quote from Nolan's article about Funderburk:

"
The Orange have placed another transfer player, former Iowa defensive end John Raymon, on the roster and the 2012 preseason depth chart, because he is enrolled at SU. It is not clear how he is eligible so soon, but the NCAA can issue waivers that allow players to compete immediately under certain circumstances."

Anyone have any insight about why he would be eligible in 2012, since this appears to be a straight forward transfer?

Regardless, this year or next, he would be a shot in the arm at a significant position of need. If he IS eligible to play this season, that sure changes things. I'd feel a heck of a lot more confident with DE if Raymon and MPB are able to go and contribute.

That would give us: Sharpe, Simmons, Robinson, plus those two and the kid from Georgia. We should be able to cobble out a nice rotation from that group. DE might actually transform from a huge question mark to a position of strength, and could be even better next year with all but one of them returning.

I thought it was because he redshirted at Iowa last year... I could be completely wrong though. I hope he is eligible this year.

"​
The Orange have placed another transfer player, former Iowa defensive end John Raymon, on the roster and the 2012 preseason depth chart, because he is enrolled at SU. It is not clear how he is eligible so soon, but the NCAA can issue waivers that allow players to compete immediately under certain circumstances."

Anyone have any insight about why he would be eligible in 2012, since this appears to be a straight forward transfer?

Regardless, this year or next, he would be a shot in the arm at a significant position of need. If he IS eligible to play this season, that sure changes things. I'd feel a heck of a lot more confident with DE if Raymon and MPB are able to go and contribute.

That would give us: Sharpe, Simmons, Robinson, plus those two and the kid from Georgia. We should be able to cobble out a nice rotation from that group. DE might actually transform from a huge question mark to a position of strength, and could be even better next year with all but one of them returning.

The only thing that would allow it is if he filed a waiver and the NCAA granted it.

The more I see around the nation the more it doesn't appear to be that hard to do.

"​

I remember reading about him having a child and waiting to move closer to home to see him/her more. So, one of those family hardship waivers might be in play.

If we can get average or better play from the DE spots this year our defense could be rediculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom