John Wildhack named new SU AD | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack named new SU AD

On the face, it seems to me like Syracuse's version of Dave Brandon.

That said, I hope he honors our tradition - return the name Orangemen, unretire 44, and no more arena-league football uniforms. If he does that, I'll be his biggest fan.

I sparingly participate in several sports message boards and even as an artist I do not think I hear or read so many men concerned with fashion than on these boards.

Does anyone know if he was considered during the search that resulted in the hiring of Coyle?

Wonder what he was thinking when the whole Bernie Fine ESPN hack job was going on.

Yes, John used to post every once in awhile and used to have some good scoops every now and then (now you know why). So assuming you will eventually read this, congrats John!

Was also a member of one of the fraternities your son was considering (Psi Upsilon--same as myself, Brian Orange and Forza Azzuri, although was there before us).

thanks. thought I remembered that.

No way he would do that. He said this is his dream job.

Wonder why we are so hesitant to believe that Syracuse is someone's dream job? Like they are going to just bolt to somewhere bigger!

This is huge for SU. This guy gets TV and could be a HUGE asset for the ACC office. He could actually be a contender for future ACC commissioner if he does a good job at SU. As Commissoner top job is negotiating TV deals now.
This has to be a HUGE pay cut for him.

This has to be a HUGE pay cut for him.
maybe this says something about the future of espn too - it'll be interesting to see who they replace him with

If he can handle production and acquisitions as a VP at ESPN, he can handle administrative experience at the collegiate level.

I'd bet he has more than a few connections. Way more out of the gate than Coyle.

Agreed.

That he has not been an AD in the past is not important.

He is a big time hire.

Is this the same guy people were talking about a few weeks ago? I thought that guy had experience at Under Armour as well as ESPN. Is this the guy Mike Terrico and Sean McDonough were putting forward, or is this a different ESPN guy?

Is this the same guy people were talking about a few weeks ago? I thought that guy had experience at Under Armour as well as ESPN. Is this the guy Mike Terrico and Sean McDonough were putting forward, or is this a different ESPN guy?
upload_2016-7-6_12-24-35.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom