Briana Leonard ... ouch
Ray Rice ... ouch
Mike Hart ... ouch
JoLan Dunbar ... ouch
Tyvon Branch ... ouch

There have been more hits than misses from NY recently

Ya, we don't need a kid like him...
:bang:
He didn't play much this year but obviously has great potential. It was very disappointing living in the Albany area and seeing him being passed over by the Cuse. Pretty sad that both he and Dion Lewis, another little guy were not offered scholarships at Syracuse. Glad to see that Canzeri is getting an opportunity.

He's just one of the kids we bypassed because of Smallwood. They must think a lot of him and he must be a hard worker because he beat out three other RB's to get the gig tonight.

Live stats

The tape

? What?
He's starting for Iowa in their bowl (Their starter was suspended). While one of the RBs we recruited couldn't lose enough weight to play consistently and the other couldn't qualify out of high school or prep school.

The Brian Leonard ship sailed the day we stopped recruiting his older brother Nate.

The Brian Leonard ship sailed the day we stopped recruiting his older brother Nate.
True...even though not sure we even seriously recruited Nate very hard (did we offer?)

True...even though not sure we even seriously recruited Nate very hard (did we offer?)

I believe we backed away from Nate after he blew his knee out in HS.

Haven't the coaches known for quite awhile that Smallwood wasn't coming here?

It was surmised but not made official to the public until today

It wasn't made public until today but they have known for awhile.

I seem to remember most people did not want to recruit him, and a lot of the silent majority would likely have been upset about adding another under-the-radar type. So let's not let this become another one of those "ugh we blew it again" scenarios. I was pretty neutral on the kid, thought if we had the schollie available, would not mind seeing him get it. But there is no way I would have preferred him over AAM or Smallwood. I also still believe when all is said and done we will be glad Robinson instead of Canzeri, if it was a one or the other type of situation.

Haven't the coaches known for quite awhile that Smallwood wasn't coming here?
We've known here for quite awhile.

Some folks choose not to listen.

Same with Parson

Put me in the "unimpressed" category. Granted he's a Fr., but his stats for the game (22 rushes for 58 yds, 2.6 yds/carry) and season (31 rushes for 114 yds, 3.7 yds/carry) hardly warrant mentioning him in the same breath as Ray Rice and Mike Hart.

As for why SU didn't offer, we already had a couple of RBs in his mold (Gulley and Smallwood) and his other offers weren't impressive (UConn and Villanova); Iowa didn't offer until a week before LOI day. Under the circumstances, I'm sure the "smurf" and "B List" critics would have had plenty to say. Maybe the real question is ask is, at this juncture last year, which recruit would you have dropped to make room for Canzeri?

Put me in the "unimpressed" category. Granted he's a Fr., but his stats for the game (22 rushes for 58 yds, 2.6 yds/carry) and season (31 rushes for 114 yds, 3.7 yds/carry) hardly warrant mentioning him in the same breath as Ray Rice and Mike Hart.

As for why SU didn't offer, we already had a couple of RBs in his mold (Gulley and Smallwood) and his other offers weren't impressive (UConn and Villanova); Iowa didn't offer until a week before LOI day. Under the circumstances, I'm sure the "smurf" and "B List" critics would have had plenty to say. Maybe the real question is ask is, at this juncture lat year, which recruit would you have dropped to make room for Canzeri?

Completely different situation...we offered Rice while Canzeri was heading to Nova due to lack of offers. Smallwood was an early commit and the staff (and this board) was really excited about Moore. The Inn was full. If Smallwood had qualified, we wouldn't be having this dicussion.

Ya never know

The kid from the north country who went to ohio state was a bust
Curtis Dukes at PSU has not played yet
another kid that went to WVU was a bust
Briana Leonard ... ouch
Ray Rice ... ouch
Mike Hart ... ouch
JoLan Dunbar ... ouch
Tyvon Branch ... ouch

There have been more hits than misses from NY recently

Are those just the ones you remember?

I'd say these are/were NY hits on the plus side. I don't have time to go through all the NY kids who went to other schools and flamed out.

Doug Houge
Marcus Sales
Macky McPherson
Brandon Reddish
Jeramiah Kobena
Steve Rene
Andrew Tiller
Mike Hay
Chandler Jones
Averin Collier
Adam Rosner
Mike Williams

(22 rushes for 58 yds, 2.6 yds/carry) and season (31 rushes for 114 yds, 3.7 yds/carry)

wow - just wow. Thos are his numbers from the game and now he's a kid we should've recruited? Steve Rene might do that given the opportunity.

For the season:

Jerome Smith - 37 rushes for 134 yards 3.6 yds/carry

Adonis Moore - 12 rushes for 40 yards 3.3 yds/carry

Completely different situation...we offered Rice while Canzeri was heading to Nova due to lack of offers. Smallwood was an early commit and the staff (and this board) was really excited about Moore. The Inn was full. If Smallwood had qualified, we wouldn't be having this dicussion.
I think we in agreement... at least that was the intended point of my post.

I seem to remember most people did not want to recruit him, and a lot of the silent majority would likely have been upset about adding another under-the-radar type. So let's not let this become another one of those "ugh we blew it again" scenarios. I was pretty neutral on the kid, thought if we had the schollie available, would not mind seeing him get it. But there is no way I would have preferred him over AAM or Smallwood. I also still believe when all is said and done we will be glad Robinson instead of Canzeri, if it was a one or the other type of situation.

Who's Robinson? Aside from that good post

I think we in agreement... at least that was the intended point of my post.
We do agree. I didn't mean to imply otherwise but my post may have done just that.

I meant to reinforce your post because others that mentioned Ray Rice in this argument simply don't get it. Apples and oranges...no pun intended.;)

We didn't have room and even if we offered would he have came to SU?

I wouldn't have minded getting Canzeri but still not losing sleep over it. I would've preferred Montrell Dobbs if we had room.

I hope anyone that is upset about not landing Canzeri is equally as hyped about Dalton Crossan if he ends up at SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom