Jordan regional game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan regional game

Bit of an overstatement, but yeah sometimes things don't always work out for highly regarded guys as they move to a higher level. Of course, the last several guys to win the award in NJ included Karl Towns, Kyrie Irving, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and some kid named Tyler Ennis.

Fair points but if the GatorAde people watched Briscoe play and then watched MR play and came away thinking MR was the best player in NJ then I don't know what to say. Btw Briscoe dropped 34 on MR's TCA team on the way to leading Roselle Catholic to the ToC crown in NJ. He dominated that game.

You're seeing what I saw in person a few times and also on TV. I said as much on the recruiting board and underwear got tied up in bunches. I see folks speculate on MR's playing time and where on the floor he plays. To your point if he doesn't pick up the intensity level in a material way then he'll enjoy a good view from the bench. And as for position there is no way at this time or any time soon that he has the handle to be a major D-1 PG. And he is just not aggressive enough to be a serious rebounder down low in the zone. Don't get me wrong - he has talent with a very nice stroke from 3 and an NBA type body. But he plays with a very deficient motor and if folks can't see that then I don't know what they're watching.
Which means one of the coaches has to light a fire under him. Will he be with Autry or McNamara? Maybe back and forth between them if they expect him to play at both the 2 and 3.

Progress in practices was the sort of info we used to get from "insiders" before the activities moved to the much more buttoned-down Melo Center.

Diallo was dominate and Briscoe refused to pass it to him, going as far as to wave him away so he could hero it up. I wonder if it will play into diallo's decision?
I doubt it, his handlers are still working with PayPalCal's boys to iron out the final contract before he gives his pledge.

He did okay after taking 4 YEARS off. He saved Ryan Nassib's life taking a beating for a year.

No doubt. I wasn't trying to knock Paulus, he was a helluva of an athlete. Just not sure anybody really thought he was the best football player in the country coming out of high school.

I can't speak for swc but I think this team can be successful without any of the frosh being major contributors/double figure scorers. The team may well rely on one to be a starter (Diagne), one to be the 6th man (Mal), and another to be a regular in the rotation (Lydon).

I don';t think any of the freshmen will start. I think our starting line-up will be Coleman, Roberson, Gbinije, Cooney and Jospeh. Okoboh willb e a back-up center. Diagne will see time at both center and power forward. Lyden may see some time at small forward. Richardson will be a swing man and Howard will play both backocurt positions.

My point was not that the freshmen will be "sub par" but that we won't have to have them take over a position and be immediate contributors, as was needed with Joseph and McCullough, (and Roberson, as a little used sophomore) last year.

No doubt. I wasn't trying to knock Paulus, he was a helluva of an athlete. Just not sure anybody really thought he was the best football player in the country coming out of high school.

Hard to tell. Training for basketball is completely different than training for football. Basketball you rely more on endurance, football is more about speed and strength. Maybe If he trains hard for football after a redshirt year in college he becomes stronger. His build was small for a qb when he was here, and he had a hard time pushing the ball down the field. You improve your deep throwing by having a strong base, and I just don't think he ever practice to play football. He was a good, not great athlete and probably ranked higher than his talent just because he went to Duke, but I don't think there is any doubt we got the better players in that class, in Rautins and Devendorf.

I don';t think any of the freshmen will start. I think our starting line-up will be Coleman, Roberson, Gbinije, Cooney and Jospeh. Okoboh willb e a back-up center. Diagne will see time at both center and power forward. Lyden may see some time at small forward. Richardson will be a swing man and Howard will play both backocurt positions.

My point was not that the freshmen will be "sub par" but that we won't have to have them take over a position and be immediate contributors, as was needed with Joseph and McCullough, (and Roberson, as a little used sophomore) last year.

Lydon will play, we will need him.

You're seeing what I saw in person a few times and also on TV. I said as much on the recruiting board and underwear got tied up in bunches. I see folks speculate on MR's playing time and where on the floor he plays. To your point if he doesn't pick up the intensity level in a material way then he'll enjoy a good view from the bench. And as for position there is no way at this time or any time soon that he has the handle to be a major D-1 PG. And he is just not aggressive enough to be a serious rebounder down low in the zone. Don't get me wrong - he has talent with a very nice stroke from 3 and an NBA type body. But he plays with a very deficient motor and if folks can't see that then I don't know what they're watching.

Where is PG coming from? I've never heard anybody suggest Malachi should or would play PG for us. He's pretty solidly a SG.

Where is PG coming from? I've never heard anybody suggest Malachi should or would play PG for us. He's pretty solidly a SG.

Not this thread but i've seen it stated on this board several times between this forum and the recruiting forum.

Briscoe and Trier were just dominant. Very talented players. UK and Arizona and the beat goes on. MR pretty disappointing again. He may develop into a very good player but don't look for him to be an impact guy next season.

bpo57 said:
Wasn't Greg Paulus the national GatorAde football player of the Year? That and $2.50 will get you a ride on the NYC subway.

I was being sarcastic.

We've been right about Malachi.

FWIW after seeing Malachi play in actual game action, albeit all star games that typically are hard to really scout a player, bpo and cuseguy have called it correctly. He needs to play harder to make an impact. He has the tools, he will be a good/great player at SU and I believe He won't dog it because the coaches won't let him. I'm betting he won't be at SU for all four years so you may as well start a thread complaining about it now.

FWIW after seeing Malachi play in actual game action, albeit all star games that typically are hard to really scout a player, bpo and cuseguy have called it correctly. He needs to play harder to make an impact. He has the tools, he will be a good/great player at SU and I believe He won't dog it because the coaches won't let him. I'm betting he won't be at SU for all four years so you may as well start a thread complaining about it now.

Not worth a whole thread but somebody has to: He gone.

Briscoe is not a sure-fire NBA kid. Lacks the extra gear that most NBA teams are looking for in a point guard. His individual skill is good but he's also extremely selfish.

Sounds like Austin Rivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom