Jose Fernadez killed in boating accident | Syracusefan.com

Jose Fernadez killed in boating accident

Such a horrible story. RIP.

He was an incredible talent and an incredible guy. His pure love of baseball made me love watching him pitch and play the game. I just rewatched the video from when his grandmother surprised him during an interview and I'm not crying you're crying.

To make matters worse, he left a pregnant gf, just heartbreaking all the way around.

He was an incredible talent and an incredible guy. His pure love of baseball made me love watching him pitch and play the game. I just rewatched the video from when his grandmother surprised him during an interview and I'm not crying you're crying.

that was so brutal to watch now

Jose like many other Cubans had to risk his life to come to this country in order to escape Communism. He arrived in the US at the age of 15 along with his mother whom he saved from drowning on the trip here. In addition to being a great talent who struck 31% of the batters who faced him, he also understood the value of living in a country where he could be free to do what he loved to do. He was an icon in the Latin community in Miami, and the interview with his fellow country man Eduardo Perez after his death where Perez broke up is very touching.

he was as good as anyone in the game, excepting Kershaw. What a loss. RIP, Jose.

young men and speed . . . it's a miracle any of us make it to middle age.

Streamable.com/azd5

Link to Dee gordon's emotional lead off homer. ^

Probably the first time I haven't been mad about the opposing team hitting a hr.
give equal credit to Bart on that one; he put it right where Gordon wanted it. I won't be surprised if someday we find out that they planned it before hand.

I watched a portion of Jose Fernandez funeral today on the baseball channel, and after watching the reaction of his mother and grandmother as well as the service in general I did break down on cry. I got emotional even more as they carry the casket out and the people there started singing God Bless America. For Cubans who escaped Communism living in a free country like the US is something that they are very grateful for and do no take for granted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom