JP -NIL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JP -NIL

I know college student athletes can have agents for NIL purposes. But can a HS player have an agent for college NIL purposes? I don’t think so but could be wrong. And “what’s possible” are the key words. And while it is difficult to nail a school on “buying” a player, it’s still illegal.

HS players can make $$$ on NIL, right? So likely, someone has to manage it...

There is no way the NCAA is doing anything about the NIL for fear of another lawsuit.
Exactly. The NCAA has lost credibility over the years with their blatant favoritism by looking the other way and doing very little or nothing to the darlings of college basketball (Duke, Kentucky, Kansas etc.) while hammering other schools. They need to give Boeheim back his wins. Whatever they claim he did cannot come close to what has been going on with the aforementioned schools. Division I college basketball and football is just too big for the NCAA to govern and should be governed by a separate body with different rules.

HS players can make $$$ on NIL, right? So likely, someone has to manage it...

Yes they can. But there’s a difference between making money for some local benefit and getting money from the 315foundation.

Not for the purpose of getting college NIL deals.
I'm not sure what you mean by "college NIL deals". NIL just means an athlete can make money off their Name, Image and Likeness, and it's not reserved for college -- a player's NIL is a player's NIL no matter what level they currently play. It's just that you are no longer banned from playing in the NCAA if you have done it. For high schoolers, some states permit athletes to profit from their NIL and some states don't. If by "college NIL deals" you mean getting collective money or the like, then you'd be correct because that would likely be deemed illegal recruiting by the college. But otherwise there's little distinction between college NIL or high school NIL because the underlying foundation is simply you're making money off your famous name.

here-we-go-again-jon-snow.gif

At some point, Bees is going to realize that he's arguing with the sky to stop snowing.

If by "college NIL deals" you mean getting collective money or the like, then you'd be correct because that would likely be deemed illegal recruiting by the college.

That’s exactly what I meant. Above I gave the example of a HS kid getting some NIL for some kind of local charity work vs getting an NIL deal with Syracuse’s 315 foundation collective.

Just seems like those saying - No, you can't do that...
f895f4ea-38f5-42f4-abb6-a705ac1d492c_text.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom