JT needs out of the lineup | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JT needs out of the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have to stop with the JT vitriol - he’s a two asked to play the 4 and NEVER complains or stops playing hard. Brown is a 4 playing the 5 and Never complains or stops working hard. When JT finds his shot (and he will) the people in this thread will disappear. I wish others on this team played like these two do instead of pouting and not playing hard 100%.
Who's he guarding in m2m at the 2?

Fine with me, but I don’t think it matters much. It’s not like Benny gives us much either. There’s not many moves to make to make us better.
When Benny doesn't show up, he really doesn't show up. I cringe watching him launch one as much as any alleged shooter we've had. His shot is as broken as Taylor's right now.

Who's he guarding in m2m at the 2?
He’s a much better athlete and defender then you give him credit for - he clearly struggled against 6’10” guys with talent but our 6’10” guy isn’t a better option - next yr when we have freeman and brown JT will move to a natural position for him. This year he’s doing what the coaches have asked of him.

He’s a much better athlete and defender then you give him credit for - he clearly struggled against 6’10” guys with talent but our 6’10” guy isn’t a better option - next yr when we have freeman and brown JT will move to a natural position for him. This year he’s doing what the coaches have asked of him.
He should be playing as a, and defending the, 3. He can’t be in when Bell is.

I’ve watched him play for 2 years. He won’t stay in front of any decent 2 guard. The point about being a better athlete is irrelevant

People have to stop with the JT vitriol - he’s a two asked to play the 4 and NEVER complains or stops playing hard. Brown is a 4 playing the 5 and Never complains or stops working hard. When JT finds his shot (and he will) the people in this thread will disappear. I wish others on this team played like these two do instead of pouting and not playing hard 100%.
Thank you for some perspective. Taylor is not a PF in the acc. He should be a shooting guard probably coming off the bench 15 to 20 minutes a game. Brown is a PF not a center. When Jesse bailed late Red had to scramble. McLeod was not the answer but live and learn.
Q had turnovers today but anyone thinking he is not an acc player is crazy. Gives 150% effort. He is the player we usually face that kills us and we complain we could not get him. He’s a sophomore and will only improve.
People have to realize when Red took over he was not going to run off half the team. Brought in some pieces that have underperformed. When JJ entered the portal he was initially ranked the best player. It just has not worked out to this point. Westry got hurt. There will be changes at the end of the season. Have a couple solid pieces and two good recruits. People need to relax.

Thank you for some perspective. Taylor is not a PF in the acc. He should be a shooting guard probably coming off the bench 15 to 20 minutes a game. Brown is a PF not a center. When Jesse bailed late Red had to scramble. McLeod was not the answer but live and learn.
Q had turnovers today but anyone thinking he is not an acc player is crazy. Gives 150% effort. He is the player we usually face that kills us and we complain we could not get him. He’s a sophomore and will only improve.
People have to realize when Red took over he was not going to run off half the team. Brought in some pieces that have underperformed. When JJ entered the portal he was initially ranked the best player. It just has not worked out to this point. Westry got hurt. There will be changes at the end of the season. Have a couple solid pieces and two good recruits. People need to relax.
I’ve been a Q guy since last yr when I saw him completely shut down Judah and Girard to the point Judah almost walked out. So watching this board go after him has been just as frustrating. I’m not an orange colored glasses guy as I’ve been as critical of Benny as anyone and saddened to see what’s happened to JJ and his shot. The Jesse void last minute is very real as it really put the coaches in a bad spot unfortunately.

I’ve been a Q guy since last yr when I saw him completely shut down Judah and Girard to the point Judah almost walked out. So watching this board go after him has been just as frustrating. I’m not an orange colored glasses guy as I’ve been as critical of Benny as anyone and saddened to see what’s happened to JJ and his shot. The Jesse void last minute is very real as it really put the coaches in a bad spot unfortunately.
I like him. He's come up big in some games this year...and really stepped up. i like him.

but I want Syracuse to get back to the days of beating Duke beating UNC...being a 1 seed etc

Q has 10 turnovers in 2 blowout losses this season vs Duke and UNC...thats insane.

10 turnovers? in roughly 50 minutes of action?

there's no sugarcoating it.

when in the history of Syracuse has that kind of play been acceptable?

only extremely recently, I suppose.

Add this to the baseless opinions vs JT. He is still our second leading rebounder. If anything requires hustle and effort it’s rebounding. Not having turnovers is also irrelevant to his detractors? What @“$& kind of logic is that anyway? I was always taught that was a good thing.

Add this to the baseless opinions vs JT. He is still our second leading rebounder. If anything requires hustle and effort it’s rebounding. Not having turnovers is also irrelevant to his detractors? What @“$& kind of logic is that anyway? I was always taught that was a good thing.
You realize rebounds and turnovers are calculated into most analytical metrics? Of which most of these metrics show Taylor as a negative player

Well, it’s two years in college for two different teams and the same results. How will he be different now?
Well, we’ve seen some very positive stretches from him. He defers to Judah and doesn’t seem to be confident in his role yet. That can evolve, and he can grow into a bigger role. I realize that’s a bunch of suppositions but I still have hope for him.

Well, we’ve seen some very positive stretches from him. He defers to Judah and doesn’t seem to be confident in his role yet. That can evolve, and he can grow into a bigger role. I realize that’s a bunch of suppositions but I still have hope for him.
I don’t get how he’d be better by having the ball more, I don’t want him to have the ball at all now.

We need to use Benny as a weapon ...let him shoot and tell everyone else to stand right in front of the basket in position to put his shot back when it bounces off the front of the rim ...every time! because he refuses to put arc on it even though they have been coaching him to do it for three years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom