Class of 2020 - JUCO OT Antwan Reed (NY) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 JUCO OT Antwan Reed (NY) Offered

So...I know I shouldn't be looking for info on Antwan Reed in the Antwan Reed thread but anyway...in another thread (of course it was in another thread) someone mentioned some "bigger programs" showing interest in Reed after the early signing period. Any scoop there? Anyone know what's goin on? I'm still not clear why he didn't sign in December.

Feel free to answer this in another thread. Preferably on the Basketball side. blizz out.
Did you get coal in your stocking?

So...I know I shouldn't be looking for info on Antwan Reed in the Antwan Reed thread but anyway...in another thread (of course it was in another thread) someone mentioned some "bigger programs" showing interest in Reed after the early signing period. Any scoop there? Anyone know what's goin on? I'm still not clear why he didn't sign in December.

Feel free to answer this in another thread. Preferably on the Basketball side. blizz out.
Maybe he hasn't signed anywhere because he needs to take ovs.

I already answered this question on the books and entertainment page

You rather we go after a guy no other good programs want? :rolleyes:
SMH.

Off the top of my head, we also had MAJOR competition for guys like Alford, Kinsler, Bleich, Lowery, and others.
No DUH!!! I'm the one who wants him in Syracuse Orange bad. And just as importantly for us to go up market in recruiting. What we are doing isn't working. We need this kid!!! If you follow recruiting a couple other programs with recruiting CLOSERS are going to make a run at him. If he doesn't sign 1/27/2020 we might need to worry. We are still the front runner at the moment.

Of course he'll get a lot of big interest and likely take all of his OVs.

Roll the dice and see what happens.

With the hire of Gilbert just being finalized, maybe from his twitter, yesterday this could change things with Reed's recruitment. Different coordinators and coaches have different ideas about what they want in a player.

I’m really disappointed if the staff moved away from Reed. You had an older tackle that is 6’5 325 pounds. He would have been a nice addition considering there is no information that we are going after a tackle in the portal.
Also I am a little surprised we are still going after Atkinson. With the change the the 3-3-5 it seemed that the staff would want cb/s in the 6’2 range. This is consistent with the other two OV listed.

I’m really disappointed if the staff moved away from Reed. You had an older tackle that is 6’5 325 pounds. He would have been a nice addition considering there is no information that we are going after a tackle in the portal.
Also I am a little surprised we are still going after Atkinson. With the change the the 3-3-5 it seemed that the staff would want cb/s in the 6’2 range. This is consistent with the other two OV listed.
Don't think this one is on the staff. It's more that Reed has moved away from us.

Servais and Bergeron will be solid OT this year. I don’t think we really needed Reed

Have they forgotten how bad our OL was most of the year? Not sure how a school like Syracuse can turn down quality linemen, even if only for depth
Sometimes we forget the other factors that's part of the decision making. When you thoroughly recruit and get to know these recruits, after awhile some things pop up that you may not like. They like guys we have better.

Sometimes we forget the other factors that's part of the decision making. When you thoroughly recruit and get to know these recruits, after awhile some things pop up that you may not like. They like guys we have better.
Hmm.

Ok.

We definitely don't. We have bigger needs right now.
Not trying to argue, just want to game this out a little. Servais is done after next year, and behind him we have...Froumy, Red, now Barclay... who else at tackle? Tisdale? White? Those two seem like they are going to stick at guard. Does Vett move back to tackle? Just seems like not alot of depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom