Class of 2023 - JUCO OT Issiah Walker (FL/KS) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO OT Issiah Walker (FL/KS) Offered

Hey Issiah, just in case you have any pent-up frustration, or you know, rage; we do play against Purdue in a few months.:)

If something were to happen here, it needs to happen quickly so that he can get her in June.

So I'd expect this to be a non-drawn out process. If he visits here, it's a great sign. If not...

Looks like he signed to play out of HS at Florida and enrolled there early. Only lasted one semester, then transferred to Miami, then went JUCO, then committed to Purdue, and has now re-opened his recruitment.

Lots of movement. But I hope we reel him in. O-Line is the #1 biggest question mark we have, and I'll take all of the depth / talent we can possibly add.

Dang it...

Says he's not planning to decide until July, after he completes his JUCO degree. Was hoping a quick decision would work in our favor. Hope we still land him.
Purdue listed him as a Redshirt Sophomore. So I guess three years left.

OFFERED> ISSIAH WALKER 2023 BUTLER CC, EL DORADO. KS
#54 ORT 6' 4" 310
https://images./image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_large/mexqnagw17dmqbhx9c6f
Opu-fH_X

images

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

SOLID
NO EXTRA WEIGHT, ALL MUSCLE
BALANCED
AGILE
QUICK
POWERFUL LEGS, EXTENDS LONG ARMS TO STAND UP DT/EDGE SO THEY CANNOT GO ANYWHERE
GREAT RUN AND PASS BLOCKER WILL NOT PERMIT ANYONE ANYWHERE NEAR HIS QB ON PASS PLAYS
GREAT ATHLETE, IMO

NOTE: HAS TO FINISH AN ACADEMIC REQUIREMENT BY JULY/ SEE ARTICLE BELOW

WOULD BE A GREAT GET

Charles Kang • The Juice Online
Recruiting Analyst @TheJuiceOnline

Syracuse offered Issiah WalkerIssaih Walker, one of the top JUCO offensive linemen on Friday, the same week he was formally released from Purdue.

Walker, a Rivals three-star recruit in the 2020 class, originally played for Florida (2020 - 2021) and Miami (2021-22) before landing at Butler CC in Kansas this past season (2022-23). He is the 38th-ranked Rivals JUCO prospect in the 2023 cycle.
"It was great," Walker said of the Syracuse offer. "Great program. It would be a good fit. Coach (Steve) Farmer, I know him from Tulsa before he came to Syracuse. Very enthusiastic guy. He makes you laugh over the phone. He's a great guy in my opinion."

Walker said Syracuse envisions him has a left tackle.
At 6'4" and 302 pounds, Walker has the twitchiness and athleticism to excel there.
"They said I'd fit their offensive scheme perfect," Walker said. "I'm more of a pacing guy. I have quickness, but I'm more of a patient player. I love to put them on their ass. That's what I love to do."
Walker originally committed to Purdue in January, but chose not to enroll with the Boilermakers in April after his primary recruiter, Matt Mattox, departed the staff for personal reasons.
Walker also needs to fulfill an academic requirement, which he expects to finish by July.

"Once I'm done with that, I'm make a decision," Walker said.
He'll have no shortage of options to look at. Since he was granted his release from Purdue, the Orange and Colorado extended offers, with many more schools reaching out.
In January, Walker picked the Boilermakers over offers from Marshall, Western Kentucky and New Mexico, among others.
"I tell every coach I've spoken to that I'm open to all schools," Walker said. "I'm looking for a family fit for me. I just really want to take my time after what happened with Purdue and make the right decision."

May 28

"It’s Sunday, I'm Free, I’m Alive, I’m Happy, I'm Loved, I'm Saved, I’m Content, I'm Blessed, I'm Healthy, I'm Grateful, I’m Forgiven, I’m Fearless, I'm Remade, I’m Restored, I'm Rejoiceful, I’m Redeemed, I’m Important, I’m Cherished, I’m a Child of the One True King, GOD Is Great All the Time."
https://twitter.com/_LoveLike_JESUS
·

Last edited:
Dang it...

Says he's not planning to decide until July, after he completes his JUCO degree. Was hoping a quick decision would work in our favor. Hope we still land him.
It's too bad we have to wait that long - I agree but he has course work to finish and won't get it done, at least I hope he gets it completed, by July.

Walker could step right in IMO. He is a very, very good player IMO after Evaluating his tape. Really powerful and as he says, puts players on their ass.

Hope everything works out for him at school so he's ready by July and he really is interested in us due to our program and coach Farmer.

He is the Deal, IMO.

If he does go to SU, what is the likelihood of him playing in 2023?
He was a huge recruit when he was in HS and was offered by many major powers.

But he has been bouncing around since then and is in danger of throwing his career away.

I can say this. Jon’re Reed played in the same league as Walker this past season. Reed was a second team JUCO AA at center.

Walker was not a JUCO AA. Walker didn‘t even make first team all conference.

I would expect Reed to be more ready to play and to play earlier than Walker. That said, if we happen to get him, I would expect Walker to be a likely starter at OT in 2024. If he doesn’t freak out and transfer again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom