JUCO player rankings | Syracusefan.com

JUCO player rankings

themorey

2nd String
2018 JUCO Top 100

There are quite a few uncommitted Centers on this list. It seems like a good path to look into for a 2 year Center to hedge bets that Sidibe can't go. Anyone have any insight on these players and who, if anyone, would fit in the middle of the zone?

Looks like Yuat Alok, Jethro Tshisumpa, and Antun Maricevic would be the best remaining players in terms of bringing in a center.

From quickly glancing at the LSU board it sounds like they are already after Alok and may get him depending on how the Emmitt Williams situation plays out, so it may be late to make a push for him. Tshisumpa left ASU, so he's got some pedigree and he looks like a great shot blocker. Not sure all the details on why he left ASU though, but I think he'd be a good target to go after.

Have we tapped the JUCO market in a long time?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. But alas, you're insinuation is probably correct in that JB will not suddenly change course and pursue the JUCO market. The only 2 I can remember is KO and Cipolla and both were long ago.

I would love us to do it though..especially those bigs

Desperate times call for desperate measures. But alas, you're insinuation is probably correct in that JB will not suddenly change course and pursue the JUCO market. The only 2 I can remember is KO and Cipolla and both were long ago.
Michael Lloyd???

OTOH, taking a JUCO player isn’t as temporary as a GT, and we’ve done that recently (3x). It’s not ideal for a lot of reasons, but if there’s a cycle where an exception is called for, this is it. With the core we’re building this year and the three amazing recruits we’ve inked for ‘18, redemption will be complete if we can just grab one more: a serviceable JUCO (or foreign) center could make all our crazy injuries, NBA defections, transfers and NCAA issues a distant memory.

Last edited:
Averaging 19.6 ppg, 17.9 rpg, 7.4 blocks per game.
NJCAA
In one game, he had 20 points, 23 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 17 blocks. Messed. Up!
NJCAA
But, Bunker Hill. :)
And he’s not on the list because ... (he has to JUCO for 2 years)?

The center who started out at Memphis would be an intriguing option.

I think recruiting a JUCO or a grad transfer at center for next year would be unlikely because of the roster composition. The person coming in would either have to be so good that they would be confident that they could leapfrog both a returning 7'2" starter who has been improving each game out and a highly thought of Sidibe or be willing to accept third center status (in other words being out of the rotation).

The fact that we may be worried about whether Sidibe will overcome his injury and be available for next season probably isn't going to look like the same opportunity for playing time to a kid on the outside looking at what his potential playing time here might be.

To make matters worse we are likely to have a logjam at forward next year with two 35+ minute type players in Darius and Oshae taking the majority of the minutes and Moyer and Marek in that mix as well.

If we're building a fantasy roster, then I think we need another center. If you are trying to build a functional roster and maintain team chemistry, I am not so sure.

I just wish we'd recruit a big man with athletic ability, isn't a string bean and has some offensive skills.

I think recruiting a JUCO or a grad transfer at center for next year would be unlikely because of the roster composition. The person coming in would either have to be so good that they would be confident that they could leapfrog both a returning 7'2" starter who has been improving each game out and a highly thought of Sidibe or be willing to accept third center status (in other words being out of the rotation).

The fact that we may be worried about whether Sidibe will overcome his injury and be available for next season probably isn't going to look like the same opportunity for playing time to a kid on the outside looking at what his potential playing time here might be.

To make matters worse we are likely to have a logjam at forward next year with two 35+ minute type players in Darius and Oshae taking the majority of the minutes and Moyer and Marek in that mix as well.

If we're building a fantasy roster, then I think we need another center. If you are trying to build a functional roster and maintain team chemistry, I am not so sure.

Another issue is that we usually have PFs who can play center, and have the general physical capabilities to do so. And having that positional versatility can help to mask a lack of depth. That really isn't the case with this lineup.

Another issue is that we usually have PFs who can play center, and have the general physical capabilities to do so. And having that positional versatility can help to mask a lack of depth. That really isn't the case with this lineup.
Agree. Next year we'll have 4 quality guards and 4 quality forwards. There are only 2 guys at center, and that position is especially vulnerable to fouls and injuries. Adding a 3d center that can contribute right away (i.e., JUCO/GT or good foreign player) balances out the roster so we have no 'depth deficit' to mask.

On the list I'm looking at 15 (Marshal), 16 (Maricivec) and 23 (Mbiya).

Agree. Next year we'll have 4 quality guards and 4 quality forwards. There are only 2 guys at center, and that position is especially vulnerable to fouls and injuries. Adding a 3d center that can contribute right away (i.e., JUCO/GT or good foreign player) balances out the roster so we have no 'depth deficit' to mask.

On the list I'm looking at 15 (Marshal), 16 (Maricivec) and 23 (Mbiya).

Marshall is the guy I mentioned above.

I just wish we'd recruit a big man with athletic ability, isn't a string bean and has some offensive skills.

That was supposed to be Sidibe. He dominated Chukwu in the intrasquad scrimmage I went to. Hopefully the knee is on the way to being better.

Especially that last part...

Especially that last part...

I just realized that I was hoping for Taurean Thompson. No, that's not right at all. I want an offensive minded center who plays within the system and can still center the zone. I want Rak back!

I know this thread is old but figured id share here. Does anyone know anything about this kid? Getting lots of offers in lately and looks pretty impressive. So much talent out there its crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom