Just a thought but perhaps | Syracusefan.com

Just a thought but perhaps

Crusty

Living Legend
it would be nice to send HCSS an email of encouragement. It would be great to have him get a whole bunch now when he might need a little pick me up.

His email is through his secretary kaocon08. Just sayin...

Why would he need a pick me up?

Who can't!
He is 1-2 and has caught a lot of criticism for choosing Drew Allen and the D's performance. I don't think we realize how bad its gets for these guys when they lose a couple of games with poor performances. Look at his presser after the NW game - he was as down as it gets for him.

Anyway, couldn't hurt.

Send him one of these:

upload_2013-9-17_16-2-20.png

I am certainly guilty as charged for not getting up to games - work, health , family etc being the most common excuses for not making the 5 1/2 hour drive... with that said the best thing for SS would be to see a lot MORE orange in the stands. For hoops we get upset at low turnout for weaker foes but thats for 12-13k below capacity vs 30k below.

Hardly seems like a hard nosed thing to do. I am sure he would have his secretary write something expressing his gratitude for having such great fans, or something else that he himself couldn't stomach. In the meantime that hard nosed SOB will be in the film room with his hard nosed coaching staff game planning for Clemson. Yes, I said Clemson, because Terrell Hunt and company are already prepared to bury Tulane.

Hardly seems like a hard nosed thing to do. I am sure he would have his secretary write something expressing his gratitude for having such great fans, or something else that he himself couldn't stomach. In the meantime that hard nosed SOB will be in the film room with his hard nosed coaching staff game planning for Clemson. Yes, I said Clemson, because Terrell Hunt and company are already prepared to bury Tulane.

I know the Shafer family. I'm sure he'd write you all back if he has the opportunity.

Went to school with Wolf and worked at the Fayetteville DPW over the summer. AKA Garbageman ;)

All I know, is our secondary better improve 500% relative to our NW performance.

it would be nice to send HCSS an email of encouragement. It would be great to have him get a whole bunch now when he might need a little pick me up.

where'd you get that email? is it legit?

done

I am certainly guilty as charged for not getting up to games - work, health , family etc being the most common excuses for not making the 5 1/2 hour drive... with that said the best thing for SS would be to see a lot MORE orange in the stands. For hoops we get upset at low turnout for weaker foes but thats for 12-13k below capacity vs 30k below.
I'd say percentage-wise there's a very similar drop off, maybe even more so for basketball...

I'd say percentage-wise there's a very similar drop off, maybe even more so for basketball...

There definitely is and in all honesty for what we call a hardcore fanbase we really don't turn up in droves all the time. Not saying it isn't a good fanbase. It certainly is somewhat devoid of having a lot of local support. CNY is no metropolis but its also plenty big enough, with strong local support it should be a cinch to make 26k for hoops and 43k for pigskin and every game affair.

There definitely is and in all honesty for what we call a hardcore fanbase we really don't turn up in droves all the time. Not saying it isn't a good fanbase. It certainly is somewhat devoid of having a lot of local support. CNY is no metropolis but its also plenty big enough, with strong local support it should be a cinch to make 26k for hoops and 43k for pigskin and every game affair.

We have plenty strong enough local support. Do you know that 26k would be more than any school in the country when a lot of schools play in a larger metropolis or is a state school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have plenty strong enough local support. Do you know that 26k would be more than any school in the country when a lot of schools play in a larger metropolis or is a state school?

I get your point - but how can you compare if most do not have the capacity? I know we are not PSU/Michigan/OSU etc but those markets fill up much larger stadiums with a ton of local support. I should probably look at the numbers to back up my assumptions but if we want to call ourselves a great fanbase - we should be at closer to capacity than we are. Maybe that assumption is wrong- but thats just my opinion.

It could also just be the bias in me but if I still lived in NEPA where I grew up I would not miss a game. Hopefully someday I can return and make every game as opposed to 1 or 2 of each a year which really sucks. With such a large local network base I think we should pull more in. I will say that I never did notice a great deal of marketing though outside of on campus. That certainly doesn't help.

Last time I participated in sending our football coach a card of encouragement, he left...

Yeah. Boy, do I know that. But I have to think he was long gone before we sent it. I guess that is why I feel fan encouragement now is so important.

I get your point - but how can you compare if most do not have the capacity? I know we are not PSU/Michigan/OSU etc but those markets fill up much larger stadiums with a ton of local support. I should probably look at the numbers to back up my assumptions but if we want to call ourselves a great fanbase - we should be at closer to capacity than we are. Maybe that assumption is wrong- but thats just my opinion.
Bees is talking about basketball (which you referenced with your 26k); you are speaking football?

Maybe it's just SU as a football vs basketball school.

Could someone please PM me Dr. Gross' email if they have it? I want to send him an email regarding upgrading the technologies for their football program, and no this is not a joke.

Patently false ... you do not even have remotely close to enough local support.

Patently false ... you do not even have remotely close to enough local support.

For basketball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom