Just like last year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just like last year

Who cares???

'Syracuse fans', who don't want to go to Syracuse v dook, are not fans.

They are Fn losers who should be called out and stripped of their seats.

F them.

Another hot take. Someone who goes to numerous games, puts out their money for seasons and sells any seats is not a fan. What an asinine and nonsense view. A lot of people on here just don't get how life works. There could be any number of reasons people sell, but I promise you one thing. If a Duke fan offers double what an SU fan offers for tickets and you sell to the SU fan you can take the credit of being a great fan and a complete and utter moron at the same time. That is also to assume people are screening their buyers.

This will be the annual crybaby thread. It was several pages long last year. I don't think it is anybody's business who sold them. I know I am thankful to have purchased road game tickets at a few games that were good seats down low. I would be a hypocrite to whine about Duke fans sitting down low.

Btw... Am I missing something? Is this why we lost?

I doubt that the original person who could buy those seats has financial trouble. And I don't think it matters. Selling them to someone willing to pay more doesn't make someone any less of a fan any more than the fact that the Duke fan can pay more makes him a more of a fan. These tickets cost a lot and if someone thinks they can make up part of the price by selling them to the highest bidder, more power to them.

RandygoCuse said:
I doubt that the original person who could buy those seats has financial trouble. And I don't think it matters. Selling them to someone willing to pay more doesn't make someone any less of a fan any more than the fact that the Duke fan can pay more makes him a more of a fan. These tickets cost a lot and if someone thinks they can make up part of the price by selling them to the highest bidder, more power to them.

You keep talking like that and bees is going to change your name again! ;)

Another hot take. Someone who goes to numerous games, puts out their money for seasons and sells any seats is not a fan. What an asinine and nonsense view. A lot of people on here just don't get how life works. There could be any number of reasons people sell, but I promise you one thing. If a Duke fan offers double what an SU fan offers for tickets and you sell to the SU fan you can take the credit of being a great fan and a complete and utter moron at the same time. That is also to assume people are screening their buyers.

In many places it's called loyalty, others---ethics!

Such a laughable post.
bees is right. if you had to sit next to the pretentious front running poser duke fans that I sat next to, and listen to them question why we recruited k joseph you would be singing a different tune

orangehomer said:
bees is right. if you had to sit next to the pretentious front running poser duke fans that I sat next to, and listen to them question why we recruited k joseph you would be singing a different tune
Well uhhh well...ummmmm errrr...

Getting upset because fans sell their tickets to rival fans is asinine. Keep your nose out of other people's wallets. It's like complaining about who other people sleep with. How the F is it any of your business?

I'd be so mad if I sat next to some dude for 71 games a year and he hung me out to dry for the biggest 10 games each year. At least if the person he sold the tickets to ended up being annoying. I know it's his prerogative, but I'm going to have my revenge!!!!!

This thread...it's amazing how much we have become busy bodies in todays society. Everyone wants to be a control freak.

The people who sold their premium seats are like the Georgetown fans we laughed at who readily sold off their tickets to SU fans until the Hoya admins cracked down and started threatening and banning their fans from selling their tickets. Sure they have the right to do it but I also think I had a right to shake my head and laugh believing that real fans wouldn't be so willing to sell their team out. Of course "fans" have the right to chose to be disloyal, apathetic, whatever but why the defensiveness if another fan points it out and doesn't like it? Why do people care more about the reaction than the action? Kind of funny to me.

Personally I think we have awesome fans, the great majority bleeding orange who are part of the most passionate fanbase in college basketball. I certainly can understand how fans who care , are passionate would be dumfounded by fans who would sell their premium seats to an opponent for profit. Surprises me how many posters here on an SU message board who are empathetic with season ticket holders who would sell their seats for profit to an opponent, but can't find any similar understanding for passionate SU fans who can't imagine why an SU fan would ever do such a thing.

If you have very good seats and sell them and get average seats and a compensation in return you are an idiot for not doing it. End of discussion. It's not your business. So who's the dummy now. You still went as a fan. Fandom has nothing to do with it.

The people who sold their premium seats are like the Georgetown fans we laughed at who readily sold off their tickets to SU fans until the Hoya admins cracked down and started threatening and banning their fans from selling their tickets. Sure they have the right to do it but I also think I had a right to shake my head and laugh believing that real fans wouldn't be so willing to sell their team out. Of course "fans" have the right to chose to be disloyal, apathetic, whatever but why the defensiveness if another fan points it out and doesn't like it? Why do people care more about the reaction than the action? Kind of funny to me.

Personally I think we have awesome fans, the great majority bleeding orange who are part of the most passionate fanbase in college basketball. I certainly can understand how fans who care , are passionate would be dumfounded by fans who would sell their premium seats to an opponent for profit. Surprises me how many posters here on an SU message board who are empathetic with season ticket holders who would sell their seats for profit to an opponent, but can't find any similar understanding for passionate SU fans who can't imagine why an SU fan would ever do such a thing.

Because you guys have no idea why the people sold their tickets. None. Quit judging.

If only it was possible to invest in holier than thou attitudes and posting. This thread would payoff so well nobody would have to sell their Duke tickets!

I'd be so mad if I sat next to some dude for 71 games a year and he hung me out to dry for the biggest 10 games each year. At least if the person he sold the tickets to ended up being annoying. I know it's his prerogative, but I'm going to have my revenge!!!!!
Yeah because you pay for his tickets. As I said if you pay for your season tickets by selling the high value games it is your right. Most of his section did the same thing. Nobody has a right to complain if you sell your tickets as we don't complain when Syracuse fans takeover opposing arenas. At Nova earlier this year a lot of Orange sat in floor seats and Nova fans weren't acting like how they dare our fans sell those seats. It puts money into the program and if I could see 71 games for practically free by selling 9-10 games your damn right its smart.

I understand your point and if possible people selling should hope they are selling to Syracuse fans. However assume you have 4 season tickets for 2k a year and you get 20 games. If you could get great money for the Duke or Georgetown and it supplements the cost of your season tickets it doesn't make you less of a fan or not considerate of the other fans.

It allows you to support the program by purchasing the season tickets. Syracuse fans do the same thing on the road. If Syracuse wins the game people are happy and the opposing fans have to be miserable.

I don't think they are purposely selling the tickets to Duke fans, just putting them on the open market. I'm sure Syracuse fans have the option to buy them as well..if other fans only want to sell them to Syracuse fans, that's fine. But I can't get upset with someone who donates thousands of dollars to the school to get those tickets in the first place. Plus they're supporting the team by all the games that go to.

Funny takes here.

I had Yankees season tickets for 15 years so I COULD go to the muts/sux/hot team & playoffs, at face and NOT to sell them for those games so I could enjoy the twins on a Tuesday in April.

Sell dook, go to marathon oil...okie doke...personally I think your a Fn idiot, but whatever.

I guess, hey...that's just me.

Funny takes here.

I had Yankees season tickets for 15 years so I COULD go to the muts/sux/hot team & playoffs, at face and NOT to sell them for those games so I could enjoy the twins on a Tuesday in April.

Sell dook, go to marathon oil...okie doke...personally I think your a Fn idiot, but whatever.

I guess, hey...that's just me.
You realize I never said anything about playoff tickets. If you could sell 9-10 games and go to 71-72 for FREE it is just a personal right and makes sense. Plus Yankees-Red Sox games were always 3.5-4 hours long. Jeez Kaiser it makes a lot of sense most years he would keep 1 Yankee game just to go once but those games in Boston pre-3 WSs would go for a lot of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom