Just who is Eric Dungey? (Part 4) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just who is Eric Dungey? (Part 4)

I'm not sure how you got that from the article. ED actually stated that TD is a great qb but lacks game experience.

His assessment of Chance was clearly based on the kid's overall talent/potential. Btw, from what I've been told...the coaches agree with ED's observations. As Phat mentioned in a different thread, don't be surprised if Aimee pushes TD for the starting job next year.

"RMH44 is a great poster. But the thing about RMH44 is he hasn't done a live chat. It's one thing to post thoughts in a thread but that's like saying you're good at Madden and you can play in the NFL. It's a totally different world."

"I think MSOrange is going to be the best out of group. He's got that mindset, too. He's not scared. He can type fast. He's just got to learn. I think he's really going to take off."

According to ForCuseSake:

1.) RMH44 is a great poster who hasn't done a live chat.
2.) MSOrange, who also hasn't done a live chat, will be better.

As others have stated upthread; probably best to speak positively about all fellow QBs and be done with the topic. I don't think this is, or will be, more than a fart in the wind. I'm just trying to explain why i think it's a bit disingenuous from the article.

These reporters also are very good at snipping parts of quotes to make things sound the way the reporter wants. I must say, Mink knew how to get a controversy going in this one. For the media, those types of things are so important in terms on "clicks". I am not reading deeply into this whatsoever, other then that Dungey has stated we have two great quarterbacks in the arsenal.

I'm not sure how you got that from the article. ED actually stated that TD is a great qb but lacks game experience.

His assessment of Chance was clearly based on the kid's overall talent/potential. Btw, from what I've been told...the coaches agree with ED's observations. As Phat mentioned in a different thread, don't be surprised if Aimee pushes TD for the starting job next year.
Martins Texas guy. Lets see what happens. Like to get through this year first.

Well the hype around tommy is bordering irrational at this point. While Dungey could’ve worded it better, he’s not wrong.

Haven't seen this much hype about a QB since the likes of Alin Edouard and Zach Allen. ;)

My own speculation is that ED and TD are two guys cut from entirely differently cloths:

One guy grew up playing every sport in the PAC NW and hardly got a sniff during recruitment at the local public High School while the other was raised to throw a football, had private coaches from the time he was a young lad, and went to a very esteemed private High School that plays big time football and sends kids the high-D1 route all the time.

Maybe ED feels that TD is a little bit entitled and has to earn his stripes before beating his chest? Again, pure speculation trying to put myself in other's shoes.

Dude spent days with Dungey in the most personal of environments, tape recorder in hand. And these three sentences charachterize Dungey's thoughts on his teammates? What sells? Nonstop bro-love or look-over-your shoulder treachery? We love our designer heroes, just as much as we love to hate them.

I think his DeVito responses (probably taken out of context and pieced together) more or less reflect the journos obsession with DeVito and creating a QB controversy, when internally there never has been one. Dungey has always been the #1. He might be annoyed and just tired of it.

I also think his comments on Amie are spot on. Amie is bigger and faster than DeVito and has that innate escapability quality. He also adds a cannon for an arm and by all accounts has a quick release and is very accurate. Based on those qualities he certainly has the potential to be the best of the group. But as Dungey states, "He's just got to learn the offense. I think he's really going to take off." Major Applewhite wanted Amie badly to run this system. He was hiring Kendal Briles to be his OC when Amie decommitted.

Last edited:
I think his DeVito responses (probably taken out of context and pieced together) more or less reflect the journos obsession with DeVito and creating a QB controversy, when internally there never has been one. Dungey has always been the #1. He might be annoyed and just tired of it.

I also think his comments on Amie are spot on. Amie is bigger and faster than DeVito and has that innate escapability quality. He also adds a cannon for an arm and by all accounts has a quick release and is very accurate. Based on those qualities he certainly has the potential to be the best of the group. As Dungey states, "He's just got to learn the offense. I think he's really going to take off." Major Harris wanted Amie badly to run this system. He was hiring Kendal Briles to be his OC when Amie decommitted.

Yeah, I'd say the only takeaway for me, is what I said earlier in the preseason (and many others are thinking too), QB is a position of strength on this team, now and going forward.

It’s like a new car, you want to take it out and drive it for sure. But dont’t forget about the beauty in the driveway.

I also think his comments on Amie are spot on. Amie is bigger and faster than DeVito and has that innate escapability quality. He also adds a cannon for an arm and by all accounts has a quick release and is very accurate. Based on those qualities he certainly has the potential to be the best of the group. As Dungey states, "He's just got to learn the offense. I think he's really going to take off." Major Harris wanted Amie badly to run this system. He was hiring Kendal Briles to be his OC when Amie decommitted.
You mean Major Applewhite?

"RMH44 is a great poster. But the thing about RMH44 is he hasn't done a live chat. It's one thing to post thoughts in a thread but that's like saying you're good at Madden and you can play in the NFL. It's a totally different world."

"I think MSOrange is going to be the best out of group. He's got that mindset, too. He's not scared. He can type fast. He's just got to learn. I think he's really going to take off."

As others have stated upthread; probably best to speak positively about all fellow QBs and be done with the topic. I don't think this is, or will be, more than a fart in the wind. I'm just trying to explain why i think it's a bit disingenuous from the article.

Thanks - I feel much better about my potential now. I just hope I can live up to your expectations.

It's been quite sometime since Philosophy 101...but does your post qualify as a tautology? ;-)

I am truly amazed by some of you posters. You have already have Tommy DeVito beaten out by Chance Aime based on "from what I've heard" bullcrap. How about we wait until they both take some live college snaps.

I am truly amazed by some of you posters. You have already have Tommy DeVito beaten out by Chance Aime based on "from what I've heard" bullcrap. How about we wait until they both take some live college snaps.

I didn’t read that... I think it’s ok to be amped about all 3. Most talent I can remember there since the McNabb era. That’s good for all

Yeah, I'd say the only takeaway for me, is what I said earlier in the preseason (and many others are thinking too), QB is a position of strength on this team, now and going forward.

I think I’ve read that sentiment about our QBs every year for about a dozen years running. Maybe this time it’ll be true! And maybe Chad Elliot will qualify! ;)

I think I’ve read that sentiment about our QBs every year for about a dozen years running. Maybe this time it’ll be true! And maybe Chad Elliot will qualify! ;)
The California Cannon!

I think just about everyone here is excited about what the future holds for Tommy, including the time he’ll get this year.

I don’t believe anyone is really anointing Amie, just saying he has some intriguing attributes.

Tommy’s going to be great, hopefully Amie as well. I don’t think the success of one or the other has to be mutually exclusive.

The writer has to milk the spit out of the interviews given the local newspaper sent two staffers to Oregon.

There might be more parts to this story than Seinfeld episodes.

I think just about everyone here is excited about what the future holds for Tommy, including the time he’ll get this year.

I don’t believe anyone is really anointing Amie, just saying he has some intriguing attributes.

Tommy’s going to be great, hopefully Amie as well. I don’t think the success of one or the other has to be mutually exclusive.

I think we should feel blessed that we have 3 QBs, maybe 4, that can be successful here. Someone that certainly knows said they have all looked real good but that there are some things Dungey can do on the field in this offense that the others can't right now. There is no QB controversy. I'm excited for this year but it'll be fun watching the other guys develop and fight it out. I'm sure next year Babers will put the guy out there that gives us the best chance to win. Like many I'm sure, I'd bet it'll be DeVito.

I’m just going to guess the hyper-emotional state leading to reading way too much into Babers tone and Dungeys comments are from Orange withdrawal, which will luckily be cured Friday. Football scurvy. That’s what’s happening here.
So true. However, my delete finger is ready for the game thread Friday.

So true. However, my delete finger is ready for the game thread Friday.
C11E10A3-8EFD-4386-8577-FCE39B9D880C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom