just wondering. do we have a twitter site for the board? | Syracusefan.com

just wondering. do we have a twitter site for the board?

upperdeck

Living Legend
like today it seemed to up and down for an hr or so.. if we get hit with a crazy attack or have board errors it might be nice if there was some alternative way to let people know whats up. a twitter feed would allow some interaction.. i mean the board could decide to shut down tomorrow and most of us would have no way to know that ..

LOVE this idea.
We could tweet out things that people might have missed during the day
"Alsacs isn't a fan of boston sports media"
"Dasher came back today"
"bite size chicken nugget conversations will no longer be tolarated in the game thread"

like today it seemed to up and down for an hr or so.. if we get hit with a crazy attack or have board errors it might be nice if there was some alternative way to let people know whats up. a twitter feed would allow some interaction.. i mean the board could decide to shut down tomorrow and most of us would have no way to know that ..

The reason the site was down for a while today? I'm told someone unplugged the wrong server when doing maintenance.

And the board's bills are pd upfront until Jul 2023. It won't be shutting down.

The reason the site was down for a while today? I'm told someone unplugged the wrong server when doing maintenance.

rg075bviI6pkvtISNpDs_Z_yHyUK2LPSaeN9IAkpveU.jpg

You're not on the payside group chat? I thought that's what that was for?

Not that it would shut down on purpose, but the cyber attacks are coming pretty frequent. It might be useful just to have a way to tell people if server is off line or having issues etc.. A database gets corrupted can take it down for a period.

Holy crap I was a mess for a good hour on Friday afternoon.

And who is angry over the introduction of dinosaur nugget content in the game threads?

watching the mets board get shut down for 2 days over a DOS attack and having no idea if it was down/dead/or me got me to thinking about this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom