Just wondering | Syracusefan.com

Just wondering

Fair question. Honestly, no idea. Obviously the coaches didn't think so.

if you watch the confusion after every play you have to think there is some issue there.

Why not have a H back reverse with AB throwing a la Alec Lemon a few years ago?

If we wanted a big quarterback who could run hard and throw a little, why did we move Ashton Broyld from that spot? Couldn't he have done what Hunt is doing but with more speed?

some thoughts...
1. that "music" that goes with the vid is horrible. 2. What a titanic waste of talent. Once Nassib left the fold they should have done whatever it tok to reduce the play book (if that was truly the issue) and take advantage of the kids unique talents. Or he should have gone the smaller school route to have gotten a shot. From that film kids obviously a gamer and would have loved to see him in a game situation. Alas, didn't and wont happen. 3. It's no wonder his knee game out with the type of player he was and moves he makes. Kid should get the surgery done now to salvage a year for himself either here or elsewhere. What a waste, in part of his own making, in part because of others. Too bad.

I think Hunt gets the playbook and is a pretty smart kid, in addition to all of his other skills.

I always got the impression that Ashton had a hard time with the playbook.

you guys realize that football is a very hard sport, right? You cant just move someone to D1 Qb on a whim even if he played the position in HS

TheCusian said:
I think Hunt gets the playbook and is a pretty smart kid, in addition to all of his other skills. I always got the impression that Ashton had a hard time with the playbook.

Louisville is doing it tonight.

If we wanted a big quarterback who could run hard and throw a little, why did we move Ashton Broyld from that spot? Couldn't he have done what Hunt is doing but with more speed?

AB was part of a 3 man rotation for QB at Milford. He has been evaluated by 2 different staffs for his potential as a college QB, and is playing WR.

Time to put this thought to rest.

or run a dual qb offense.

Imagine having 2 6'4" 235lb athletes lining up in the backfield every play?

The options with a read-option would be limitless

Why not have a H back reverse with AB throwing a la Alec Lemon a few years ago?

we tried that once this year. he looked like he was throwing a javelin and missed the receiver by about 15 yards.

we tried that once this year. he looked like he was throwing a javelin and missed the receiver by about 15 yards.

Perhaps we just need to design the right javelin.

lamar.jpg

you guys realize that football is a very hard sport, right? You cant just move someone to D1 Qb on a whim even if he played the position in HS

I'm not saying he should be shifted there now. And I'm a Hunt fan, although he has obvious limitations. I think he's a good college quarterback. We're not in the Cam Dantley days.

My question was: would we be worse off if Ashton had been been groomed to be the QB rather than Hunt. The playbook is the only thing I see that Hunt does better, (and I'm assuming that's what it was). I remember when Mack Brown was convinced by his staff to simplify the offense for Vince Young, they scored 50 points a game and beat USC for the national title. I'm not saying that that would happened here. But sometimes you've got to gear your offense to the talent and let the talent decide the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom