Class of 2014 - Justin Noye | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Justin Noye

I now fully expect him to go to Rutgers now with our success level in Rochester. wonder what the delay is in SU offering him is?

When was the last time a D1 player out of Rochester amounted to much of anything? Roland Williams?

I just don't get too worked up over us not having that area locked down as far as recruiting goes.

When was the last time a D1 player out of Rochester amounted to much of anything? Roland Williams?

I just don't get too worked up over us not having that area locked down as far as recruiting goes.

I'll take someone from Florida, Georgia, or Pennsylvania instead.

Ashton Broyld

Ashton Broyld

Ashton has a ton of potential but Roland Williams had a career and went on to the league. Ashton still hasn't amounted to anything at the D1 level. He may have by the time his career is over but we're not close to being able to make a judgement call at this point.

I keep seeing Rutgers involved with recruits in the greater Rochester area, but even with the hyped recruits that haven't gone to Syracuse, have any of them gone on to be significant 2-3 year starters even at their respective schools? Ryan Poles was a 2 year starter at BC, but I don't think he was an all-league caliber player or got much interest from the league...but outside of him I'm drawing blanks.

Ashton has a ton of potential but Roland Williams had a career and went on to the league. Ashton still hasn't amounted to anything at the D1 level. He may have by the time his career is over but we're not close to being able to make a judgement call at this point.

I keep seeing Rutgers involved with recruits in the greater Rochester area, but even with the hyped recruits that haven't gone to Syracuse, have any of them gone on to be significant 2-3 year starters even at their respective schools? Ryan Poles was a 2 year starter at BC, but I don't think he was an all-league caliber player or got much interest from the league...but outside of him I'm drawing blanks.

Quentin Gause. He will graduate eventually and unless Rutgers picks up his younger brother, the well will probably run dry in Rochester.

art and chandler jones are originally from Rochester. All their family still there. They used to come to all my games in high school. They might not have gone to Cuse without the strong influence from their Rochester family

Quentin Gause. He will graduate eventually and unless Rutgers picks up his younger brother, the well will probably run dry in Rochester.
Isn't Carter from Rochester area too?

art and chandler jones are originally from Rochester. All their family still there. They used to come to all my games in high school. They might not have gone to Cuse without the strong influence from their Rochester family
Funny thing. I sat next to the Jones brothers at a game at the Dome in 2004 when Art was a senior in high school. I had gotten a pair of tickets from a friend who had great sideline seats behind the visiting teams bench. Just so happens that SU was playing Rutgers that day and Jon drove Art and Chandler up to the game as guests of . . . . ready for this . . . . Rutgers!

Funny thing. I sat next to the Jones brothers at a game at the Dome in 2004 when Art was a senior in high school. I had gotten a pair of tickets from a friend who had great sideline seats behind the visiting teams bench. Just so happens that SU was playing Rutgers that day and Jon drove Art and Chandler up to the game as guests of . . . . ready for this . . . . Rutgers!

Has anyone heard if there is any interest in Joseph Foster? He is the 6'4" 290 cousin of the Jones and was 2nd team All Greater Rochester.

Just annoying to me that they(Rutgers) have Gause as an ambassitor. Should be easier to pull kids out of your back yard and we need to stop the bleeding there imo. Not being the first to offer Noye is not the end of the world but what are we waiting for? I would guess he has been evaluated by us by now...

Back to Teps question when is the last time a kid from Rochester did anything on the football field. Has the Jones kid done anything at ND? Schifano was a four star kid who was a bust at Michigan. Both colliers were busts. Jones brother transferred to umass. I think Teps pretty much right. Ashton hasn't done anything you'd have to maybe go back to the mid 90s to find a Rochester kid who's been successful at the bcs level.

Pitt has been successful with kids from Rochester too.

A couple more Roch alums to add to the SU list...TE great Pat Kelly (before RW) and current punter Jonathan Fisher. Then there are the Rochester kids we have lost. In addition to those mentioned we can through in Jarron Jones @ ND. I don't even know if he played as a true frosh this year but expectations are high.

Another thing to remember is kids from upstate NY have the opportunity to draw more family and friends to games. They have the opportunity to become media darlings. SU will always have the attention of the Rochester media but a kid from Rochester on the field at SU will attract even more attention from the Rochester media. That same kid playing at Rutgers or Pitt will still get mentions but not at the same level.

Pitt has been successful with kids from Rochester too.

A couple more Roch alums to add to the SU list...TE great Pat Kelly (before RW) and current punter Jonathan Fisher. Then there are the Rochester kids we have lost. In addition to those mentioned we can through in Jarron Jones @ ND. I don't even know if he played as a true frosh this year but expectations are high.

Another thing to remember is kids from upstate NY have the opportunity to draw more family and friends to games. They have the opportunity to become media darlings. SU will always have the attention of the Rochester media but a kid from Rochester on the field at SU will attract even more attention from the Rochester media. That same kid playing at Rutgers or Pitt will still get mentions but not at the same level.
David Walker

David Walker
Great add, thought of him but missed including his name. Bill Scharr was from Rochester (Canandaigua) and last I knew lives and works in Rochester. I think his success at SU was altered some when they changed the style of offense.

Back to Teps question when is the last time a kid from Rochester did anything on the football field. Has the Jones kid done anything at ND? Schifano was a four star kid who was a bust at Michigan. Both colliers were busts. Jones brother transferred to umass. I think Teps pretty much right. Ashton hasn't done anything you'd have to maybe go back to the mid 90s to find a Rochester kid who's been successful at the bcs level.
Adam Podlesh is the Bears punter and was a star at Maryland, Alan Zemaitis was All Big Ten and a captain at Penn State, Branden Albert went to Virginia and is the starting tackle for the Chiefs - all are from Rochester and have had success over the last decade.

Has anyone heard if there is any interest in Joseph Foster? He is the 6'4" 290 cousin of the Jones and was 2nd team All Greater Rochester.
Joe is about 6'4 270. He has good size and athleticism at his postion. He needs to get better with his technique, and he needs to get stronger. He has potential

Great add, thought of him but missed including his name. Bill Scharr was from Rochester (Canandaigua) and last I knew lives and works in Rochester. I think his success at SU was altered some when they changed the style of offense.
Joe Donnelly?

Adam Podlesh is the Bears punter and was a star at Maryland, Alan Zemaitis was All Big Ten and a captain at Penn State, Branden Albert went to Virginia and is the starting tackle for the Chiefs - all are from Rochester and have had success over the last decade.
was gonna add those names. Branden Albert was gonna play at East high his juinor year but he moved to maryland after the basketball season his sophomore year. He moved with his uncle Ashley Sims, who is Ashton Broylds father. There is more, just dont feel like looking them up. Jazzmin Williams was also a two year starter at BC. Victor's Seth Payne was a cornell kid but he had a solid career in the NFL. Rochester has more talent than any other city in the state of NY. IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom