Justin Taylor transferring to JMU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Justin Taylor transferring to JMU

I won't pretend to know the guy outside of who he was on the court, but I wish him well. It was tough watching him struggle the way he did, but he didn't give up on the team and there's something to be said for that. I can easily see him thriving at a smaller program.

I'll never get the students booing one of their own, aside from the fact that college kids are idiots (I should know, I was one).

I'm convinced Justin's issues this year were more mental than physical. He got a case of the yips that he just couldn't overcome. He shot 39% from deep last year and 76% from the line. This year was 30% and 65%.

A fresh start with a brand new (small) fanbase that isn't as intense as ours will be great for him.

he certainly had his chance here. just wasn't clicking. he'll be a better fit someplace else.

I'm convinced Justin's issues this year were more mental than physical. He got a case of the yips that he just couldn't overcome. He shot 39% from deep last year and 76% from the line. This year was 30% and 65%.
I wonder if his shot issues are more mental or physical. There hasn’t been an injury reported or hinted by anyone that I can remember.

JT does have a very muscular build. Didn’t JT gain a lot of muscle last offseason?

Best of luck JT. I never questioned your effort and always appreciated you battling taller opponents for boards. You’ll always be Orange!

IMG_1483.jpeg

Interesting this guy received a text in January, along with some other names scratched off, about this -

Interesting to note, it was the day after Q's buzzer beating vs Miami.

We followed that up going 3 of 4 with arguably 3 of our worst losses (Fla St at home, at BC, getting creamed by Wake).

Lots of kids have transferred out while having a gf at cuse still. Quincy Gurrier, Frank Anselem, Jesse Edwards, Joe Girard in recent memory

I don’t know about the first 3 but Girards GF went with him. I believe she had graduated too. She may be in grad school at Clemson.

I don’t know about the first 3 but Girards GF went with him. I believe she had graduated too. She may be in grad school at Clemson.
Quincy Gurrier’s gf/fiance still lives in Cuse i believe. Frank Anslem’s gf was a cheerleader or on dance team when he transferred, Jesse Edwards gf is on staff for cuse field hockey or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom