Justin Taylor transferring to JMU | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Justin Taylor transferring to JMU

1713226402200.gif

I don’t have any intel but I’d assume it was from the student section booing him during intros that game. That’s gotta be a rough feeling to get booed by your home fans, let alone fellow classmates.
Red couldn’t throw him a bone and bring him off the bench he hated Copeland that much.

Everyone out but Bell of the holdovers makes plenty of sense when you look big picture.

Red couldn’t throw him a bone and bring him off the bench he hated Copeland that much.

Everyone out but Bell of the holdovers makes plenty of sense when you look big picture.

Bell has the most important basketball skill in bball and I suspect we will see a kid with a much better outlook when surrounded by Reds guys.

Edit: I wish Justin the best! I hope he kills it and has a great time. He’s a good kid and he worked hard.

happy for JT glad he landed close to home at a good program. Lay off the weights young man and play a ton of ball this summer. No drills just play, and you will be fine.

Bell has the most important basketball skill in bball and I suspect we will see a kid with a much better outlook when surrounded by Reds guys.

Edit: I wish Justin the best! I hope he kills it and has a great time. He’s a good kid and he worked hard.
Totally agree. But, I want to know who changed his release to that unbelievably bad over the head dumbass release. He had a great stroke, I don't know how he ended up with that carbuncle.

I only saw them play twice but he would not have fit into their team this year. Did they lose a ton of people?

I don’t have any intel but I’d assume it was from the student section booing him during intros that game. That’s gotta be a rough feeling to get booed by your home fans, let alone fellow classmates.
If the coaching staff deserves any heat it's for continuing to start Taylor. We ended up having a lack of bodies as season developed, but even then. It was clear that Taylor had no business starting. As goofy as it sounds they kind of did him a disservice. It's like when Mike D'Antoni would start Jared Jeffries on the Knicks. Of course people are gonna hate the player -- he's simply awful and being asked to do more than he is capable of.

I assume.he would've been pulled out of the lineup but we lost McLeod, then Benny, and Red hated Copeland.

If the coaching staff deserves any heat it's for continuing to start Taylor. We ended up having a lack of bodies as season developed, but even then. It was clear that Taylor had no business starting. As goofy as it sounds they kind of did him a disservice. It's like when Mike D'Antoni would start Jared Jeffries on the Knicks. Of course people are gonna hate the player -- he's simply awful and being asked to do more than he is capable of.

I assume.he would've been pulled out of the lineup but we lost McLeod, then Benny, and Red hated Copeland.
As long as a player is a solid citizen and hasn't brought shame on to their school, there is absolutely no reason for any fan to "hate" on a college player. Being deemed "simply awful" by a keyboard guru doesn't warrant being publicly chastised or mistreated by pentulant children posing as fans. Completely classless.

As long as a player is a solid citizen and hasn't brought shame on to their school, there is absolutely no reason for any fan to "hate" on a college player. Being deemed "simply awful" by a keyboard guru doesn't warrant being publicly chastised or mistreated by pentulant children posing as fans. Completely classless.
Many of these college players make more money playing a sport they love, than many fans make working a job they hate. It's a different dynamic now. They're professionals paid by the fans and will have to cope with the criticism if they don't perform their job. No one is forcing them to do it and most would switch places with them.

And I felt awful that JT was booed and hated that it happened and felt horrible about his reaction to it. But you have to be realistic about what we're talking about.

Ya’ll should be more bothered about arguably our best player transferring in conference than we should be about a stupid picture JT took. Who really cares?

You are bothered enough for me. I can live vicariously through your reaction without having to experience any of the emotional baggage. Thanks for taking this one for the team.

I didn't remark as to whether the booing was right or not -- I'm talking about why it happened. He shouldn't have been starting, that was very clear, and in the world of sports where humans are often reduced to pieces on the chess board of course they will get heat. That's just reality, whether you like it or not

happy for JT glad he landed close to home at a good program. Lay off the weights young man and play a ton of ball this summer. No drills just play, and you will be fine.

Yeah, he needs to remember to just play instinctively. He was thinking way too much, and afraid to shoot for most of last year.

I didn't remark as to whether the booing was right or not -- I'm talking about why it happened. He shouldn't have been starting, that was very clear, and in the world of sports where humans are often reduced to pieces on the chess board of course they will get heat. That's just reality, whether you like it or not

BS

Without Benny and when Brown had to move to the middle, Red had exactly one choice who was strong enough to sort of guard opposing 4’s when playing man. And that was Taylor.

Cope? Give me a break. He can guard other guards. He can guard a 3. He was eaten alive defensively against 4’s.

Red threw Justin out there and hoped that his offense would improve. It didn’t but Red saw enough in practice to think it was worth a shot.

So the students had a crush on Q and took out their frustration not on Red, but on a kid who didn’t want to play the 4 in the first place but was doing what he was asked to try and help the team.

If you want to give someone heat, give it to the coach. As an alum, the students embarrassed me with their classless display against our own player. F-them.

All the best to Justin and hope he has a great finish to his career at JMU.

Totally agree. But, I want to know who changed his release to that unbelievably bad over the head dumbass release. He had a great stroke, I don't know how he ended up with that carbuncle.
Exactly! It looked like a catapult launch. Those either drop through with a splash, or they clang into the 10th row. No in-between. It was one of the WORST releases I’ve ever seen. No consistent follow-through either. When he did, he made the shot, but most times he released high and pulled his hands back. Mechanics were awful. Reminded me of when Cooney was trying to change his shot. That was not pretty either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom