Juwan Howard | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Howard

I don’t want Howard fired but his attitude after this incident to try and rationalize what happened and defend himself while blaming Gard is pathetic.

Own your mistake and let others say this stuff.
What a joke. This guy is making me want him to get fired by how he is behaving.
Absolutely, both guys should understand their roles in this and they should BOTH apologize. Gard should not have stopped Howard and Howard shouldn’t have reacted like that. They are the leaders of young men, and both failed.

He knew Howard was upset. You can’t put your hand on and grab a coach trying to walk by. You also can’t punch another coach because you don’t like what they said.
Not what I saw. He reached out and touched his elbow to explain why he called the TO. I didn't see him grab him at any point. That would be an escalator if he did.

I’m guessing you’ve never dealt with attorneys and HR related situations. When an employee assaults someone while they are on official duty, there’s no going back or sweeping it under the rug. If he were to do it again it opens the school up to massive liability because they continued to employ someone that posed a threat to the health and safety of other people. That’s why it’s an instant termination. He’ll be fired.
No I haven't but I still say he's not fired.

Absolutely, both guys should understand their roles in this and they should BOTH apologize. Gard should not have stopped Howard and Howard shouldn’t have reacted like that. They are the leaders of young men, and both failed.
Agree. That being said, this is the second incident w Howard. If he does keep his job and someone doesn't have a reality check chat with him that it's not all everyone else's fault, it's just a matter of time before a third.

Agree. That being said, this is the second incident w Howard. If he does keep his job and someone doesn't have a reality check chat with him that it's not all everyone else's fault, it's just a matter of time before a third.
Yeah, and he shows no accountability for his actions. He can’t fix what he doesn’t acknowledge is a problem.

If I was a reporter there I would have asked “how does your frustration with this timeout compare to your frustration after Chris Webbers? Please compare and contrast.”
That would have been epic.

Not what I saw. He reached out and touched his elbow to explain why he called the TO. I didn't see him grab him at any point. That would be an escalator if he did.
So you didnt see Juwan attempt to walk pass him? And you think its a great time to be explaining something to an upset coach? Thats not a good time to try to justify his actions. Ive coached for over 20 years. Believe me, I know.

So you didnt see Juwan attempt to walk pass him? And you think its a great time to be explaining something to an upset coach? Thats not a good time to try to justify his actions. Ive coached for over 20 years. Believe me, I know.
The irony is Howard had no real reason to be upset. He was applying pressure down 15 with :15 to go so Gard called a TO to properly respond against the pressure. Where's the beef?

The irony is Howard had no real reason to be upset. He was applying pressure down 15 with :15 to go so Gard called a TO to properly respond against the pressure. Where's the beef?
Yup. Such a stupid thing to even cause an incident.

If you want the game to be over, then stop pressing and let them run out the clock.

If you want to “play to the last second”, then don’t get mad when the other guy does it too.

You don’t get to have it both ways. Simple stuff.

yeah I read all that too but we cant decide how upset he should be. We dont know the history between the two and what was said. No matter how we feel about it we can't change the fact that he was pissed. There's something obviously there.

Howard is still peeved that he did not get any of the cash in Chris Webber's birthday cake.

yeah I read all that too but we cant decide how upset he should be. We dont know the history between the two and what was said. No matter how we feel about it we can't change the fact that he was pissed. There's something obviously there.
Not like he's prone to fly off the handle or anything. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom