JW's championship versus JB's | Syracusefan.com

JW's championship versus JB's

SBU72

All Conference
Do you get the feeling that Jay Wright/Villanova is getting more props for winning their national championship than JB/SU ever was? It seems to me that all the sports show talk about Wright's masterful coaching job in winning while its almost like SU finally won one.

Not really, the media is more "in your face" today, than it was in 2003.

It's not even a top story anymore on ESPN.

Now do I feel the media loves Jay right more than JB? yes. Villanova is not even king in Philly, it sits behind: Eagles, Flyers, Phillies and Sixers. All the so called nova fans, are fans who jumped on once NOVA reached the final 4.

In Philly, they were more concerned with who the eagles are drafting this week, than Nova winning a title.

I also think with the conference realignment, Villanova has a "little guy" feel to them in a lot of circles. Combined with a well-liked coach, it does feel like a different vibe.

Jay wright was 11-12 in the NCAA tourney before the run he had this year. It was also the first time he made the sweet 16 since 2009.

I don't see a different vibe at all. It was more Roy Williams and his awful coaching

Do you get the feeling that Jay Wright/Villanova is getting more props for winning their national championship than JB/SU ever was? It seems to me that all the sports show talk about Wright's masterful coaching job in winning while its almost like SU finally won one.

I haven't been paying attention to notice. But IF there is something going on, well...a younger, good-looking, charming guy in a big market city? It's not exactly surprising.

I haven't been paying attention to notice. But IF there is something going on, well...a younger, good-looking, charming guy in a big market city? It's not exactly surprising.
boeheim-in-hat-440x330.jpg

What is there not to love about this guy?

Now do I feel the media loves Jay right more than JB? yes. Villanova is not even king in Philly, it sits behind: Eagles, Flyers, Phillies and Sixers. All the so called nova fans, are fans who jumped on once NOVA reached the final 4.

In Philly, they were more concerned with who the eagles are drafting this week, than Nova winning a title.

Jay Wright really comes off as a genuine, likable guy and he accommodates the media. Of course that is going to pay handsome dividends when he is successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom