Kansas State just beat #1 Oklahoma and now Villanova will get their shot at #1 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas State just beat #1 Oklahoma and now Villanova will get their shot at #1

Alsacs

Living Legend
College basketball is crazy wide open this year. I think Oklahoma, North Carolina, Iowa, Michigan State are the 4 best teams.

I have a feeling the rankings will stay the same 1-4 in both polls, but Villanova and Maryland will really close the gap with some #1's. It's going to be close, so I wouldn't bank on my prediction below.

Oklahoma, UNC, Nova in the AP
UNC, Oklahoma, Maryland in Coaches

When Oklahoma lost it's second game, it did not lose it's ranking to UNC in the AP... which is why I think a 3 loss Nova team would not surpass Oklahoma or UNC.

What the heck happened in the UNC-ND Game... so much for my earlier comment.

You know who is "probably" playing really good basketball right now -- friends of the board, Wichita St.

I put "probably" because as usual we are relying on victory margins against decent teams to make assessments, which is difficult. But they are not just winning every game in the MVC, they are pounding teams. Due to their early season play (Injuries) they will not likely get above a 5 seed. I wouldn't want to be in their bracket especially if you are concerned about your team's ability to defend guards.

You know who is "probably" playing really good basketball right now -- friends of the board, Wichita St.

I put "probably" because as usual we are relying on victory margins against decent teams to make assessments, which is difficult. But they are not just winning every game in the MVC, they are pounding teams. Due to their early season play (Injuries) they will not likely get above a 5 seed. I wouldn't want to be in their bracket especially if you are concerned about your team's ability to defend guards.

Wichita St just loss to Illinois St... so much for that.

Please don't make Nova #1. Everyone knows they're not the best team.

This would be like making Temple #1 in the new era of CFB.. It would and should never happen.

Both votes will be interesting on Monday.

- Polls were split on 1 and 2 last week (OK and UNC)
- Polls were split on 3 and 4 last week (Nova and Maryland)

OK, Nova and Maryland all have 3 losses. UNC is out after 2 losses.

now Villanova will get their shot at #1

Providence beat Villanova at Villanova playing a 2-3 zone. If we get into the NCAA tournament, it could be a lot of fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom