Kansas v k st | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas v k st

That was all kinda fun. Nice block, bad move on the taunt. I have no issue with the steal, kid clearly was playing token defense, took the stiff-arm, decided to take the ball. Amusing enough. I would have let it go - but the block is fair game at that point since it was off the steal. What came after...not so nice.

Kansas seems a bit unhinged. Kansas State acted a bit more reasonably than I would expect under the circumstances. Were there multiple KU players stomping that guy on the ground? That's not polite at all.

Illinois had a guy step on the chest of some Purdue player earlier. There didn't seem to be much of a reason for that either. Full moon?

How did Miami beat Illinois?
Miami was up 31–11 at the 10min mark (and 45-18 at the 5min mark) and got outscored by 18 in the final 30 minutes (26 in the final 25 minutes) They got extremely hot early and held them off for just long enough

I wonder if Self will give Kansas players, the "Coach K indefinite" suspension.

Way back when I was living in Big 10/12 country, and Kansas and Michigan State always had pristine reputations, I remember being shocked at the time when I would talk to people that went to undergrad at those schools. It seemed without exception that everyone considered them abominations and the coaches were pretty nefarious characters.

It's always good to see both schools when they get recognized for being awful!! Rock Chalk!

I have a big problem with the taunt. That clearly escalated the festivities.

It was rather unsporting but just a pre-escalation to the real escalation haha

Actually this is all on Kansas state breaking long established sportsmanship codes and stealing the ball when Kansas is just dribbling the ball out ..

this already happened to Kansas earlier this year and I don’t blame them for having had enough of it

Let's lose the long established sportsmanship code and just let the players play til the end of the game. I think everyone involved will pull through just fine.

Actually this is all on Kansas state breaking long established sportsmanship codes and stealing the ball when Kansas is just dribbling the ball out ..

this already happened to Kansas earlier this year and I don’t blame them for having had enough of it

If we want to go CRAZY analyzing this, Kansas is playing pretty hyper-aggressive defense up 20+ point with 20 seconds left. They get the block, then Kansas State goes up again, and the entire Kansas team blocks the shot.

I'm not sure the Kansas State kid is even going for the steal up until the point where he gets stiff armed and comes back on him.

I mean, who cares, the fight is the fun, but what's the sportsmanship code of letting a kid do a power lay-up, down 20+, with 20 seconds left? 3 recovery defenders aggressively blocking it seem about right?

Let's lose the long established sportsmanship code and just let the players play til the end of the game. I think everyone involved will pull through just fine.

Hey .. if everyone can agree to that fine with me .. but as of for now everyone knows the code is if they aren’t trying to score and are just dribbling the clock out .. leave it alone

No problem with the steal, no problem with the block or taunt, but no angle I've seen reveals who escalated this into a true brawl. Some shoving is to be expected after a sequence like that, but we can't see who really started throwing down.
I’ll be in the minority with you on this one. Don’t wanna get taunted then don’t be the guy who steals the ball and subsequently gets your layup thrown off the glass.

Sportsmanship is fake anyways if everyone just plays to the end of the game stuff like this wouldn’t happen.

Hey .. if everyone can agree to that fine with me .. but as of for now everyone knows the code is if they aren’t trying to score and are just dribbling the clock out .. leave it alone

I hear ya but if everybody just kept playing then we'd never have this problem which btw seems to happen every year. Not necessarily the brawl but the steal.

it’s crazy that that De Sousa dude is even eligible to play college ball. Probably shouldn’t be able to play after tonight. That had to be a suspension for the rest of the year, maybe longer. Self won’t do anything so hopefully the AD will.

Whoever snatched the chair from him before it turned super ugly had the play of the day. While I love chaos, that would’ve been disgusting, especially seeing fans on the ground and in harms way. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that one.

Saw you tube video Jayhawks should be screwed. Wow

What is with these Blue Blood schools being so sensitive.

Duke would leave Zion and Barret in the game up 30 with about 5 minutes to go last year. They also tend to keep pressuring against bad teams well into the second half.

But Coach K was all upset when Oregon's Dillon Brooks dared take a shot with 10 seconds left in the NCAA tournament. The shot clock was about to die -- are you supposed to just let it die without shooting. I can understand not shooting when the shot clock is off. But Coach K apparently thinks it should be extended to before the end of the game.

Yeah but there's a jump cut there from the end of the brawl back to De Sousa throwing a punch
Its obvious none of these kids know how to throw a punch so they should just stick to basketball.

Three pages and no mention of that tiny woman shrieking at them all to stop? She was mesmerizing

What about the dog who apparently was loose, just walking around on the outskirts of the altercation. Suspect it was some sort of seeing eye dog. Anybody else notice it?

What about the dog who apparently was loose, just walking around on the outskirts of the altercation. Suspect it was some sort of seeing eye dog. Anybody else notice it?
I missed that!

what are people in the stands doing getting involved.

I noted one of the Kansas fans actually trying to hold back one of Kansas players from getting involved. So they are not all bad.

I missed that!

It's nothing great. But I did find it odd.

If you go to espn.com, check on the video on their main page around the 30 second mark. If you look at the top of the screen, in middle, you can see a dog and particularly his tail wagging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom