Kansas would have been a nightmare for us | Syracusefan.com

Kansas would have been a nightmare for us

lol i disagree, never trust taylor, and outside taylor/robinson/withey i think the talent is limited

I have no idea why people were always talking about Kentucky after the game we were currently playing because Kansas would dominate inside against us and you can't zone a Bill Self team

lol i disagree, never trust taylor, and outside taylor/robinson/withey i think the talent is limited
THey have plenty of shooters; Taylor is one of the best penetrating guards in the country; Robinson could go anywhere vs. the zone and Withey would play volleyball on the offensive glass.

Taylor is turnover prone, but he also makes a lot of plays

Beat em 3 times , They get/got Goggle Eyed wen they saw SU Zone

We own Kansas. I know a lot of ku fans here in Denver (how could you not), and every time tourney selection time comes, they tell me, "man I hope we don't get stuck in Syracuse's region."

Ya apparently nobody watched the previous two games vs Purdue/NCSt. I think Ohio St wins by ~10pts.

I am LOLing at your LOLing in disagreement.

I have no idea why people were always talking about Kentucky after the game we were currently playing because Kansas would dominate inside against us and you can't zone a Bill Self team

Well we did beat them in KC in 2009 with a team that had both Paul Harris and Jonny Flynn (notoriously anti-prototype zone players due to their size). But Kansas and Kentucky without Fab would have both been extremely challenging to say the very least. Cannot imagine us being favored in either game.

Well we did beat them in KC in 2009 with a team that had both Paul Harris and Jonny Flynn (notoriously anti-prototype zone players due to their size). But Kansas and Kentucky without Fab would have both been extremely challenging to say the very least. Cannot imagine us being favored in either game.

We would be +1 at worst vs Kansas; Vegas likes Ohio St better than them. Obviously nobody is favored vs UK.

we came back in that game by playing man

It helps that UNC doesnt play defense.
+1 Uncs defense is tall but their movement is not impressive the least bit.

Kansas does have 2 of the best players in the country though and that goes a long ways.

People probably would have said the same thing about us in '03 versus Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas.

KU has a good squad and would have been tough on us on the offensive boards but they're hardly a juggernaut. They were extremely fortunate to beat Purdue and looked pretty ordinary for big chunks of today's game. UNC w/o Marshall was a shadow of itself and yet they were in it for 38+ minutes.

I have KU losing to UK in the final and they were one of the few teams I didn't want to face in the tourney. Having said that, I think they peaked several weeks ago and will lose to OSU. Of the FF teams, they're playing the worst ball right now. They struggled against two double-digit seeds and a UNC team that didn't have a PG.

They looked great in conference play, but at the same time had to overcome huge deficits against Baylor and Mizzou, the latter with a ton of help from the refs. Maybe they weren't as good as their record indicated.

I think Kansas would be the one team who could defend our guards. Taylor, Releford, and Johnson are VERY good athletes and bigger guards. They obviously have some size with Withey and Robinson. All the dummy experts doubted Kansas and said they were a one-man team. I liked them back in late Jan and put some scratch on them too back then.

Kansas does not shoot 3's. With Fab, we mop them. Without Fab it's close.

Kansas does not shoot 3's. With Fab, we mop them. Without Fab it's close.

Doubtful. It's on the offensive end we would really struggle. Releford/Taylor/Johnson are bigger and excellent defenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom