Women's Lacrosse - Kayla Treanor named new WLAX Head Coach | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Kayla Treanor named new WLAX Head Coach

Yeah in that first video in the fall ball thread Defliece appears walking in with Treanor. I don’t see Pirreca at all. Maybe she moved on to another job. I’m not sure if Kayla would have gotten rid of her or not. In the small amount of time I caught the Athletes Unlimited games this summer there didn’t appear to be any animosity between the two. In fact it looked like they were pretty close.
Pirreca has been in Austin, Texas with friends. Thought that was a little sus when I saw that. I was wondering why she would be there instead of here helping with fall practices, but I guess this would explain that. No idea what happened here, maybe someone with more info can spill, but wish Pirreca well regardless.

831D1F40-A2B8-4738-B03F-A337BD3C7842.jpeg

1631295787128.png

There’s the answer! Who, on the staff, will head up the D now?

Kerry Difliese, the grad student player? Is she the one heading up our defense? If so, I’m fine with that though I haven’t seen that announced. A very young and dynamic staff!

Kerry Difliese, the grad student player? Is she the one heading up our defense? If so, I’m fine with that though I haven’t seen that announced. A very young and dynamic staff!
No, Caitlyn Defliese-- her older sister. She was retained by Kayla and is still coaching the defense as she has been since 2016!
Unknown.jpeg

Thanks for the clarification; if I recall, she is a very good defensive coach!

Caitlin Defliese joined the Orange staff as an assistant coach in the fall of 2016. She came to Syracuse after spending the last five years as associate head coach at Stony Brook.

Defliese served as Stony Brook’s defensive coordinator, leading one of the top defenses in the nation. In 2016, the Seawolves ranked second in the nation in scoring defense (6.1 gpg) and fourth in scoring margin (7.33). Goalkeeper Anna Tesoriero was second in the country with a 6.07 goals-against average. During her time at Stony Brook, Defliese mentored two All-Americans, two all-region honorees and seven all-conference selections.

A four-year letterwinner at Boston University, Defliese earned a spot on the All-America East Second Team in 2010 after being named to the conference’s All-Rookie Team in 2007 after recording 13 caused turnovers, 23 draw controls and 21 ground balls. Defliese earned her bachelor’s degree in health and rehabilitation from Boston University in 2010.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom