Class of 2019 - Ken Evans Jr. | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Ken Evans Jr.

Okay, I think I said, I don't think we are a real player for Evens. I believe that is our choice. I don't think the coaches are all that impressed with him. Now, I really want two more players. I fear the coaches are happy with what we have. If something pops up that they like, they will make a play. I think we need a bit more. Although right now, I think considering everything, we are better than where we were at the end of last year. But that isn't good enough in my opinion. I do think we will add and if that seems like double talk, I am sorry. I think both statements are true. They are happy with what they have and they would like to add if they feel the fit is just right. Also, a player that left, might come back. Not Copeland.
So William Patterson then?

Okay, I think I said, I don't think we are a real player for Evens. I believe that is our choice. I don't think the coaches are all that impressed with him. Now, I really want two more players. I fear the coaches are happy with what we have. If something pops up that they like, they will make a play. I think we need a bit more. Although right now, I think considering everything, we are better than where we were at the end of last year. But that isn't good enough in my opinion. I do think we will add and if that seems like double talk, I am sorry. I think both statements are true. They are happy with what they have and they would like to add if they feel the fit is just right. Also, a player that left, might come back. Not Copeland.
Rhymes with Buddha?

The mind boggles.

Patto back then or Frankie??

OK, we need another center...

Not sure we can sit on our haunches otherwise, but Red is a big boy and has to make his own bed...

Okay, I think I said, I don't think we are a real player for Evens. I believe that is our choice. I don't think the coaches are all that impressed with him. Now, I really want two more players. I fear the coaches are happy with what we have. If something pops up that they like, they will make a play. I think we need a bit more. Although right now, I think considering everything, we are better than where we were at the end of last year. But that isn't good enough in my opinion. I do think we will add and if that seems like double talk, I am sorry. I think both statements are true. They are happy with what they have and they would like to add if they feel the fit is just right. Also, a player that left, might come back. Not Copeland
What do you think the chances are with Hoggard or is he above the NIL cut line? I would pony up for him since he's a true PG with a nice game.

Of course you can overpay on things... especially commodities.

That said, a player is not a mass-market commodity like a gallon of gasoline or a loaf of wonder bread, where you can shop different locations and find the best price on the same exact product...

Basketball example:

Let's say a team needs a shooting guard as a backup and another team needs a starting shooting guard and both teams are looking at Player X for that role...

Doesn't it seem logical that the team looking for a starting SG might value player X more (and pay more for him) than the team looking for a backup/limited minutes SG?

Does that mean they overpaid?
Why not use Leffew as an example?

Man, a 6'5, 40% three point shooter would seem to fit a need to me. IMO they need to add more.

My feeling about "overpaying" is that it has four components:
1) Did you pay more than you had to—bidding against yourself/a shock-and-awe offer—when you could have gotten it for less.
2) How desperate are you to secure the deal.
3) In retrospect, did the performance you already paid for—was it worth it.
4) Did you set a new unsustainable or impractical standard.

People do overpay. But, you can't really assess it until after the results are in.
That’s fair. I think it’s also fair to suggest that #2 applies to Georgia and SU is trying to avoid #4.

frankie.png

Judah is NOT coming back. Would think it’s Patterson.

Agree with dash….staff decision on Evans.
Jake any intel on the possibility of adding another guard? Similar to what Dash is hearing?

Big yikes if the staff thinks they’re okay with what we have. If it’s not evans so be it, I just want talent and shooting. I sure hope if it plays out this way they’re correct… Ive been adamant saying that and that i like Carlos and also adamant that I trust the staff but gosh that scares me big time.

this roster has so many holes ...esp if 1 or 2 players get injured..or are unavailable or dont pan out etc

only 3 forwards and 2 centers??

only 3 players taller than 6'9?

theyre cool with that?

being fine with going with 10 makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever

i fear this could be JB's influence...he loved short rosters too

Hmmm only possibility is Hima or Patterson right? Everyone else has landed somewhere.
Technically Judah could still come back as well, probably extremely doubtful, but he could technically return.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom