Kenny Anderson on Gottlieb show this AM | Syracusefan.com

Kenny Anderson on Gottlieb show this AM

Dcuse

All Conference
Happened to listen while driving this morning. He was talking about his book when Gottlieb asked him about what happened to NYC where all the great point guards used to come from. Gottlieb went on to mention the greatest to come out of NYC..Marbury,Mark Jackson, etc. He mentioned 5 or 6 and then asked Kenny the question. Anderson stopped him and said" Whoahhh! You left out the best ever to come out of the city,Pearl Washington and my thoughts and prayers go out to him." Gottlieb's next comment was,yeah, well I graduated the same time as Steph Marbury and he was truly amazing or something to that effect.
Now I know we may be over sensitive to this schmo but it honestly,by tone of voice, sounded to me like the omission was intended. Just another log for the fire.

I think Perl got short handed in that conversation because of his NBA career. If the guys on TNT were talking about the best point guards from NYC I don't think they'd bring him up either. Don't think it's a slight on Pearl at all.

I think Perl got short handed in that conversation because of his NBA career. If the guys on TNT were talking about the best point guards from NYC I don't think they'd bring him up either. Don't think it's a slight on Pearl at all.

On TNT...I think Kenny Smith definitely would. He talked quite a bit about him last night.

Guess you had to be there. Conversation was totally about high school,not NBA. And it's Pearl,not Perl.

Last night Kenny Smith pretty much said everyone looked up to Pearl

Guess you had to be there. Conversation was totally about high school,not NBA. And it's Pearl,not Perl.

Didn't realize that.

Last night Kenny Smith pretty much said everyone looked up to Pearl

He and Barkely both talked about him one night.

Was it Barkley that said SU should be doing more than selling t-shirts, they should pay all his costs because he built the school's basketball program? I can't recall who said that on one of the shows...

Before Pearl, Tiny Archibald was widely considered to be the best point ever to come out of NYC. Lately, Kemba Walker wasn't too bad either.

He and Barkely both talked about him one night.

Was it Barkley that said SU should be doing more than selling t-shirts, they should pay all his costs because he built the school's basketball program? I can't recall who said that on one of the shows...

Michael Rapaport said this on his podcast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom