Kentucky now has the chemistry curse... | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky now has the chemistry curse...

AZcuse77

Scout Team
Whatever bad chemistry Cuse had we have apparently passed on to Kentucky... Calipari has been saying for a few games now that his team won't listen to him and they are getting murdered by Florida right now about to lose 3 of 4 :) We passed the voodoo on to the perfect team!

Whatever bad chemistry Cuse had we have apparently passed on to Kentucky... Calipari has been saying for a few games now that his team won't listen to him and they are getting murdered by Florida right now about to lose 3 of 4 :) We passed the voodoo on to the perfect team!
Ha, they wont listen to him! Can you see the look on Cals face tonite? He has NO answers imo. Plenty of lotto picks, but no answers...

Ha, they wont listen to him! Can you see the look on Cals face tonite? He has NO answers imo. Plenty of lotto picks, but no answers...

Is there enough time for him to buy another recruit?

Bring in a bunch of kids that are 1 and done 1st round picks no matter what who really don't need to listen to you, and you run the risk of some head cases that don't listen. What can he really hold over their heads at this point?

still nobody will want to face them as an 8 seed (coughwichitast.cough)

Bring in a bunch of kids that are 1 and done 1st round picks no matter what who really don't need to listen to you, and you run the risk of some head cases that don't listen. What can he really hold over their heads at this point?
Bench em. It works sometimes. Look at SU this yr for example

I really think that at this point in the season Florida has a better basketball team than Kentucky. Home game aside.

They're playing good basketball, and all their loses have been to pretty good teams...except for the Vanderbilt loss..

Last edited:

You can't bench everybody. He made it sound like the whole team in general isn't listening, not one or two guys.

You can't bench everybody. He made it sound like the whole team in general isn't listening, not one or two guys.
True enough, i just noticed monk was laughing on the bench at end of game down 20. Dont see that too often. He also didnt finish the handshake line, went to the locker room early. Cant get to the league soon enough...

Kinda unrelated but this reminded me of how I laughed out loud when JB gave Gillon the instant hook from a turnover today with hand signals after the talk about how he his guards play are playing better from not having to look over their shoulder for getting pulled for any mistake. A leopard cant totally change his spots... but Gillon was back in there pretty quick with how bad FH is this year!

Imo he just needs to sit briscoes arse. But thats just me

Yep, let Fox drive and shoot or dish to Monk all game long. His bigs need to rebound and score that way.

Yep, let Fox drive and shoot or dish to Monk all game long. His bigs need to rebound and score that way.
Im no coach but why would you ever take the ball out of foxs hands and instead into briscoes? Briscoe is not bad (well his defense and jump shooting is) but he doesnt do anything better than fox imo

I don't think it is at all. All they have to deal with in the SEC is Florida and South Carolina. Georgia can at least give you a game I guess even though they always lose. The rest of the conference is terrible.

All I know is that the ACC is so brutal I expect the same type of NCAAT success this year that it had last year. The first couple rounds are probably easier than regular ACC play.

All I know is that the ACC is do brutal I expect the same type of NCAAT success this year that it had last year. The first couple rounds are probably easier than regular ACC play.

Thats not exactly going out on a limb... two thirds of the conference are top 32 teams and the others aren't far off...

One of the best things JB did in aught three was to sit Carmelo on a few occasions when he got too big for his britches.

Kentucky and Duke — both seem like cases where you have so much talent that you end up just mixing the players too much and balancing minutes too much. Players who are only there for the one year don't get enough time to develop as collegians and in that system. Like with us this year, we are seeing development in a few players after they became 'established' as the hard starters. I thought battle, for example, was going to need the summer to develop. He came on like a ton a bricks in the last couple of weeks. Kentucky needs to pick a five and get them to gel and have responsibility, and not be able to think 'the next guy can do it.'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom