Kentucky radio discusses DC & Calamari's remarks | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky radio discusses DC & Calamari's remarks

Wow this whole interview is awful. These guys are classless. You would think UK won 10 titles in a row and Syracuse is a freaking D2 school.

I can't get it ... but I'm very low tech and dumb as well :(

I can't get it ... but I'm very low tech and dumb as well :(
Do you get the page to open? If you do click the arrow button under Episode 188, it will take around 30 seconds (plus or minus) before you hear the audio.

Betcha one or all of our local sports radio shows pick up on this diddy that I found.

Let me know if you hear this elsewhere.

Got it ... what BS!!! Sour grapes ... nah,nah.nah,nah, nah:crazy:

I hope we get a chance to play Kentucky in the next two years, before Calipari is gone.

This is the picture they are talking about...

DaJuan-Coleman1.jpg

The guy says 'Look at him...this is a guy that needs a water break...'

You know...sure they're not being really flattering but at that the same time they are trying to find reasons that he spurned them and put a positive (for them) spin on it.

They wanted him bad, just like we did and just like OSU did. They can say whatever they want now about him and about the Syracuse program but the bottom line is Coleman is a blue chipper that they lost and we got. I don't worry about Kentucky, their fans or any other program. I worry about Syracuse and right now I ain't doing a whole lotta worrying.

"Look at his picture. Will this guy work hard?"

What?

Why? Cause he is a bigger guy? What an absolute idiot. Honestly...I detected something under the surface of their remarks on his appearance that were rooted in something other than arrogance. But I will leave that alone.

Syracuse is his local team. They are a top 10 national program. They have a hall of fame coach (who isnt a slimeball as an added bonus). They are moving into the ACC, which I gotta think is exciting for a recruit. It's not like he chose some random school. Or even a Big East also ran.

What ing morons.

Yeah, sour grapes. Fans can be like that. Coaches on the other hand should keep their mouths shut and move on.

It's funny that in my googling there was only one piece out of Ohio and that was a premium article

Don't see the problem with commentary. They are UK fans afterall.

I don't have a problem with it at all......not much different than anything that gets said when we lose a guy. Cue up the reaction to Tobias Harris choosing Tennessee. They didn't even go to the well that we typically do and attribute his choosing SU to cheating.

If you listen long enough they actually pretty clearly came around to the conclusion that DC II was very much about wanting to stay close to home and that SU had been his dream school all along. Seems like they were pretty objective in their analysis.

OK I lost my train of thought... that's why Calamari flew to Glens Falls just before a Tourny game ... that's why Calamari camped out at so many of his games ... that's why Calamari was just in the neighborhoood and dropped by just 2-3 weeks ago ... because he didn't want a kid who couldn't practice ... or practice w/o a drink of water. And what about the pressure of playing for Kentucky ... BFD... who the hell are they? Come on up and play in front of 35,000 fans ... your 21000 is pure BS!! That's why kids come here ... b/c they can play in the Dome in front of a huge fan base. And what ... UK plays in the SEC ... who the F*** are they anyway?? Play in the Big East and your record wouldn''t be worth jacks***. UK YOU ARE NOTHING ... and you just don't get it! Keep your 1 recruit (maybe 2 with Pothryess) ... don't see a lotta bigs flocking to your door ... but we know... if they don't come to UK its b/c they can't take the heat!! FU

Sorry, that kinda pissed me off.

All I can say is I hope we get the chance to play Kentucky sometime down the road. We'll see how much Dejaun is looking for that waterbreak when we crush their team with no center.

I believe this picture was taken before he lost some weight? My concern is, I have several tattoo's, how can he afford all that ink?
DaJuan-Coleman1.jpg

They poked some fun at him, but I don't think it was as bad as I expected. They seemed happy for him and the one guy said a few times that he wasn't getting on him. Not sure if the Cal clip they played was completely relevant. It was done before Coleman called the coaches and he also wasn't the only recruit at their MM. Those 2 guys on the radio just seemed like good old boys having some fun but did it without malice. Just my opinion.

I just hope someone plays this for Dajaun! Great motivation!

These guys are idiots. Don't they realize how stupid they sound and how obvious it is that if Coleman chose UK, they'd be singing a different tune? He spurned UK and now he's a fat, lazy guy who doesn't want to play hard, practice hard, play m2m defense or embrace the "bright lights". He wants to "sit on the bench and get fat like Fab Melo." Sour grapes, big time.

OK I lost my train of thought... that's why Calamari flew to Glens Falls just before a Tourny game ... that's why Calamari camped out at so many of his games ... that's why Calamari was just in the neighborhoood and dropped by just 2-3 weeks ago ... because he didn't want a kid who couldn't practice ... or practice w/o a drink of water. And what about the pressure of playing for Kentucky ... BFD... who the hell are they? Come on up and play in front of 35,000 fans ... your 21000 is pure BS!! That's why kids come here ... b/c they can play in the Dome in front of a huge fan base. And what ... UK plays in the SEC ... who the F*** are they anyway?? Play in the Big East and your record wouldn''t be worth jacks***. UK YOU ARE NOTHING ... and you just don't get it! Keep your 1 recruit (maybe 2 with Pothryess) ... don't see a lotta bigs flocking to your door ... but we know... if they don't come to UK its b/c they can't take the heat!! FU

Sorry, that kinda pissed me off.
You could play on my team anyday!
smile.png

These guys are idiots. Don't they realize how stupid they sound and how obvious it is that if Coleman chose UK, they'd be singing a different tune? He spurned UK and now he's a fat, lazy guy who doesn't want to play hard, practice hard, play m2m defense or embrace the "bright lights". He wants to "sit on the bench and get fat like Fab Melo." Sour grapes, big time.
Others missed that, same thing I came away with.

UK is still stuck on one commit for 2012, so I'm not surprised that UK people are antsy.

I think whatever increased expectations Coleman will encounter by staying close to home would be outweighed exponentially by the insanely high expectations of Kentucky fans if he decided to go there.

This is the most redicously show i have ever listened. Makes me hate them more than i already did.

I haven't listened, and I don't plan on it, but did they really imply he can't handle the 'bright lights' of playing for Kentucky? They do realize we play at Madison Square Garden every year, right? And in front of 30,000 fans at home for big games? On national television virtually every game of the year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom