Kentucky ruins College basketball | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky ruins College basketball

How about just get rid of the one and done rule. It was put in place to save the a$$es of NBA GMs and executives who did a crappy job scouting HS talent. MLB GMs are forced to draft kids out of high school, sometimes out of winter leagues in Venezuela. Granted there's only 2 rounds in NBA, so a mess up a magnified 10x. The one and done rule has only helped two schools, UK and Duke, and it's to a tremendous degree.

How about just get rid of the one and done rule. It was put in place to save the a$$es of NBA GMs and executives who did a crappy job scouting HS talent. MLB GMs are forced to draft kids out of high school, sometimes out of winter leagues in Venezuela. Granted there's only 2 rounds in NBA, so a mess up a magnified 10x. The one and done rule has only helped two schools, UK and Duke, and it's to a tremendous degree.

The NBA is the one who has to get rid of the one and done rule. It's their call.

Uk has 1 title since 98. Stop giving them so much credit. I wanted quade as bad as any but fact is cuse is going to have one of their better players from a really good team coming back as a junior pg, after starting as a Soph. And their 1 stud freshman this year comes in off the bench at the 13 min mark. We have a different culture. Not right or wrong or good or bad but its not like uk is alabaming college hoops so whatever. 4 vet teams were in final 4 last yr and mali was i believe the only 1 and done player of the 4.

On a neutral site or at rupp for all i care, i don't think UK comes within 10 points of us right now.

The talent on our 2011-2012 team was insane. Think about this roster for a minute.
Guards: Jardine, Triche, Waiters, Carter-Williams
Forwards: Joseph, Fair, Southerland
Centers: Melo, Christmas, Keita

Only flaw was spotty outside shooting

Their fans are the dumbest I have ever seen, they seriously think we are an Nit team, lol.

It is very disturbing how they dominate recruiting . I find it unbelievable that no improprieties have been exposed over the years regarding gifts and academic standing. How do ALL his players( many wouldn't even attend college if not for hoops) qualify academically every year ( most are one and done and doubt they take academics seriously). There has to be shenanigans somewhere and massive circumvention of flawed system. This NBA breeding ground is ruining the purity of college (amature) basketball and turning into a farce. Guess money is root of all evil and Calipari is the master manipulator. He would fail in NBA and he knows it.

Every single 1 of those players would be playing hoops in college whether they all went to UK or to a mix of Cuse, Conn, Duke, and UCLA.

No offense but this post makes Syracuse fans sound like cry babies.

It's frustrating. It's like dating for two years and then guy drops loyal girlfriend to take head cheerleader to the prom. Cal got his offer in late and waltzed him in

It is frustrating and it sucks. If you're the dumpee then you either move on like an adult or you piss and moan and look pathetic to pretty much everyone around you. We're currently doing the later.

Last edited:
Uk is the hottest girl in school...all good until u realuze shes got herpes... UK
uno1.gif

The OP here was unfortunate.

We're better and smarter than that, frustrated or not.

Time to move on.

I had been ignoring the desire to respond to this thread, but your post is spot on. This is Syracuse basketball. Yes this was a big loss, but we will still put together a damn good team win 20+ games and make the tourney. Not every year will we be as deep and talented as this year, but enjoy the ride.

The OP never mentioned Quade Green. UK was the subject and in some respects I can agree that they seem to walk away with players at the last minute too often. It makes you wonder.

We complain about Kentucky but it's really the entire ncaa system. We all enable it.

It's my sincere hope that when boeheim and k retire they become advocates for change.

If we want to play with the big boys, we have to get in the game. Tired of Puke and Wes coming up here and taking who they want. When is last time we got someone from down south. Duke decided to get back in and you the results

I'm ok with them ruining recruiting. We will stick to ruining brackets...

Lets stop taliking about clown uk. Lets see if we can beat someone like them in or on the way to the FF. Go Cuse

Won't deny I'm disappointed but mainly because we thought QG was a shoe in. He was just we needed and he liked us. Time will tell if we can replace him with another recruit, my money is on yes. The biggest problem in this whole thread is that for some reason some of you tried to reason with a UK blue blood. A couple problems with that are:
  1. Syracuse is not Kentucky basketball. There is no reason for us not to be proud of who we are but we also shouldn't pretend to be who we aren't. I'm fine with that. I'd rather be an SU fan. I'd also rather have a hot poker shoved up my a$$ than be a Kentucky, Kansas, Duke or North Carolina fan.
  2. The second problem is you can't reason with inbred illiterate fanaticism. Don't let his fancy talk fool you. Even down in the Bluegrass state a few of them have ciphered out how to get them talkin and countin machines how to spit out grammatically correct translations of their sputum. There is no uglier, dumber and overall idiotic fanbase than Big Blue Nation. Like Ron White says..."You Can't Fix Stupid!"
The funniest part of this whole situation is the UK fans don't even want QG. He is their consolation prize...how's that for perspective! He also may never play there if their current guard stays and he gets recruited over next year. Not only could that happen I'd say its likely to happen.

Kentucky had a great team in 2012. So did we. We went 17-1 in the Big east and our one loss was without our starting center who was the Big east defensive player of the year.

I have a great idea. Why don't you go back to the Kentucky board No one here wants to hear your spin on how Kentucky gets the top players every year. It doesn't matter where in the country the kid lives. I lived in Western mass when Cal; was at UMass. He cheated like a 2 dollar whore there. He cheated at Memphis. Now he is at Kentucky and gets the best players on the board every year. Yeah, he suddenly got clean.
two dollar whore. That was classic.

"back in the day" ...the way the ncaa model was created you couldn't land the top 5 recruits every year becuz the kids stuck around til their junior year at least . and there simply wasn't enuf playing time for all these star athletes to gravitate to one nba showcase school. now kentucky didn't per se ruin college basketball but they certainly were and are still the main institution who's bent and perverted the rules of one and done eligibility and become the principal enablers of it's demise as a non for pay sport. again i'm not saying' that kentucky broke the rules. they simply exploited them. but in doing so screwed up the whole fabric , intent and beauty of college hoops. burn in hell calipari!!!!

Last edited:
It is very disturbing how they dominate recruiting . I find it unbelievable that no improprieties have been exposed over the years regarding gifts and academic standing. How do ALL his players( many wouldn't even attend college if not for hoops) qualify academically every year ( most are one and done and doubt they take academics seriously). There has to be shenanigans somewhere and massive circumvention of flawed system. This NBA breeding ground is ruining the purity of college (amature) basketball and turning into a farce. Guess money is root of all evil and Calipari is the master manipulator. He would fail in NBA and he knows it.

I have a theory that GooseMutt actually IS Calipari and he's talking about himself!

It's unfortunate that the staff spent a lot of time and resources trying to land Quade and now the 2017 PG class seems to have dried up, but hopefully we can go the grad transfer/JUCO route. At the end of the day, I'd like to think we have the pedigree to overcome whiffing on the 20th rated player in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom