Kevin Marks (U Buffalo RB) ... | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Marks (U Buffalo RB) ...

Kevin Marks, RB at University of Buffalo. has entered transfer portal. Might be nice replacement for J. Jordan. He had 1000 yards in 2019 and 700+ this year backing up Jaret Patterson. He’s went to high school in Virginia.

I would hope that we would at least reach out on this.

Im sure he’s looking at getting closer to home...but...you never know

He would be a depth position. We need a body at RB, he’s a great high reward low risk kinda guy
Just like every name people bring up out of the blue as a transfer, it's not that they would be, it's that people want them to be.

I would hope that we would at least reach out on this.

Im sure he’s looking at getting closer to home...but...you never know
I don't see why he would want to transfer here to be a backup on a team with a horrible OL.

He’s clearly good.

I like Marks. Explosive runner. Im sure people got in his ear about playing at a P5 which he definitely can.
And yet, he's got the opportunity at UB to be the featured back. What better is he going to find elsewhere?

And yet, he's got the opportunity at UB to be the featured back. What better is he going to find elsewhere?
He must have been told that he could be a featured back somewhere. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Ah, yes. The way back to winning is the second best running back on a MAC team.
Not sure that's a very good take.
NFL Draft picks since 2015
West. Mich 8
Toledo 6
Central Mich 5
Syracuse 5 (2 are punters)
North. Ill 4
East Mich 3
Ohio 3
Buffalo 2
Miami 2
Akron 2
Bowl Green 1
Kent St. 0

When it comes to NFL talent we're pretty much middle of the pack MAC level. I almost threw up saying that.

Great point. That team can score and he will get a ton of carries.

Not sure that's a very good take.
NFL Draft picks since 2015
West. Mich 8
Toledo 6
Central Mich 5
Syracuse 5 (2 are punters)
North. Ill 4
East Mich 3
Ohio 3
Buffalo 2
Miami 2
Akron 2
Bowl Green 1
Kent St. 0

When it comes to NFL talent we're pretty much middle of the pack MAC level. I almost threw up saying that.
How many of this list of drafted guys from MAC schools were backups?

I'm not arguing there isn't talent in the MAC. But by comparing draft picks, you're trying to say this guy is NFL quality and that's why Syracuse should pick him up? If he was NFL quality, he would be starting.

Marks had draft hype building in ‘19, and played second string behind a guy this year who was an all american and likely 3-5 round draft pick
Yes and? Also plays behind a good offensive line in the MAC in a run heavy scheme.

Edit: If he moves up to the AAC or P5 and is a banger, I'll gladly admit I'm wrong. But I've seen this fantasy football window shopping stuff played year after year, where it's not based on anything except for a grass is always greener in someone else's yard outlook.

Last edited:
Yes and? Also plays behind a good offensive line in the MAC in a run heavy scheme.

Edit: If he moves up to the AAC or P5 and is a banger, I'll gladly admit I'm wrong. But I've seen this fantasy football window shopping stuff played year after year, where it's not based on anything except for a grass is always greener in someone else's yard outlook.
IMO, we really don’t need him to do too much besides be quality depth. A comparison I would make would be how Roscoe was for us this year on D. He came from McNeese St but made some good plays as a backup. Not many people are going to remember him in a few years but I’m still glad we brought him in. We wouldn’t need this kid to be a draft pick or even a feature back; we just need someone to be able to give Tucker some rest and make some good plays.

Now I don't know much about this kid or if he’s someone that can provide that, I just don’t agree with the blanket statement that someone from the MAC can’t come in and be a quality backup at this level.

Now I don't know much about this kid or if he’s someone that can provide that, I just don’t agree with the blanket statement that someone from the MAC can’t come in and be a quality backup at this level.
I don't disagree with that someone from the MAC can't come in and contribute and was not intending to make a blanket statement.

More of an effort to put water on the statement that every other team has an answer to our problems.

How many of this list of drafted guys from MAC schools were backups?

I'm not arguing there isn't talent in the MAC. But by comparing draft picks, you're trying to say this guy is NFL quality and that's why Syracuse should pick him up? If he was NFL quality, he would be starting.
No. The implication in the post I responded to seemed to be, "If you play at a Mac school, you don't have the talent to help, or improve Syracuse, therefore pursuing a MAC player is a waste of time."
By the way...all our picks were backups besides the punters.

No. The implication in the post I responded to seemed to be, "If you play at a Mac school, you don't have the talent to help, or improve Syracuse, therefore pursuing a MAC player is a waste of time."
By the way...all our picks were backups besides the punters.
That’s not what I was implying, but I guess it could read that way.