Kickoffs | Syracusefan.com

Kickoffs

OmahaCuse

Starter
We have a great FG kicker but was hoping we could get a walk on to boom it through the end zone. Hate to give someone a chance to hit a big special teams play on us.

We have a great FG kicker but was hoping we could get a walk on to boom it through the end zone. Hate to give someone a chance to hit a big special teams play on us.
Our special teams will get a big test against Rutgers. Schiano struggles with offense and defense but his special teams units have generally been good.

Against Ohio we had 1 touchback, 2 great coverages, and 3 so-so coverages. I don't know if we can't kick the ball deep, or if we kicked short by design.

OHI1stOHI 25
OHI1stOHI 1
OHI2ndOHI 30
OHI3rdOHI 13
OHI3rdOHI 28
OHI4thOHI 29
AverageOHI 21

Against Ohio we had 1 touchback, 2 great coverages, and 3 so-so coverages. I don't know if we can't kick the ball deep, or if we kicked short by design.

OHI1stOHI 25
OHI1stOHI 1
OHI2ndOHI 30
OHI3rdOHI 13
OHI3rdOHI 28
OHI4thOHI 29
AverageOHI 21

And... those great coverages were aided hugely by the muffed return on the one, which then lead directly to the safety on the ensuing play.

So, if you take that out (it's not like our kicking or coverage 'forced' the muff - nobody was near the dude), then our coverage #'s are really not wonderful.
But - at least we didn't let them break ANY of them for a really long return, so I guess we'll take it?

Hope we have something in store this week, croushank (sp) is a legit return guy. Prob the scariest part of Rutgers “offense”

Hope we have something in store this week, croushank (sp) is a legit return guy. Prob the scariest part of Rutgers “offense”
the Orange absolutely have to have an answer for cruickhsank, or we could lose this game on specials alone.

the Orange absolutely have to have an answer for cruickhsank, or we could lose this game on specials alone.
Isn’t he a ny city guy that transferred to them?

Isn’t he a ny city guy that transferred to them?
yeah, Erasmus Hall in Brooklyn.

went to Wisconsin, now 2nd year at R.

Pre-Season AA at KR.

can play wildcat etc all on O.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online