Kid just sent me a funny note | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kid just sent me a funny note

I hate to defend Florida, but they do play FSU every single season. And they have scheduled a handful of home-and-homes with Miami over the years, as well. But I agree it's nice to see them finally venture out of their state.
They play a good team OOC once or twice a year in Florida. That is nice.

Still inexcusable IMHO to have not played an OOC game out of state in more than 30 years.

Played against David Walker in High School. Simply put was a man. Tough. Never went down on first hit. That SU team was fun to watch.
Me too (Webster)

Anytime someone brings up that game, I immediately think of the Kirby Dar Dar kickoff return. As Scooch mentioned, one of the best Dome games -- probably cracks my own top-4 after West Virginia and Penn State in 1987, and Nebraska in '84.
I had that as my best home game. The 16-10 loss to Ray Lewis Miami team where Gedney was tackled at the 3 was electric too. Will ever forget Michael Owens running it in for 2 about 25 feet in front of me. BS PI vs Tennesse was madness as well. Mad at myself for taking those moments for granted.

I hate to defend Florida, but they do play FSU every single season. And they have scheduled a handful of home-and-homes with Miami over the years, as well. But I agree it's nice to see them finally venture out of their state.we p
The play by play guy calls him paul pasqualona right outta the gate
“Play by play guy”…..Brent Musburger

This was in the days before P shut down access to practice. The kickoff return wasn’t a surprise

The way Marvin threw the first td was a thing of beauty, exploded out of his hand. I think it went to Ferrell

Antonio Johnson. I would know because I was there! Well, because I watched it today when I was supposed to be working.

The deep throw to Ismail was perfect too.

When the reverse kickoff return happened, I remember thinking I might need oxygen. Student section was lit that day, as the kids say, or once said.

We were all members of the Kirby Dar Dar Fan Fan Club Club!

(And, no I don't want to delete duplicate words...)

I thought it was Kirby Kirby Dar Dar Fan Club. My seasons tickets were in the last row to the right of the banner.
I could be wrong thought, a lot of intoxicants were had in those days.

Was it Brent? That’s great. Didn’t sound like him at first
Sounded like Brent to me but could be mistaken

Was a junior - one of the best Dome games ever!!!

Serious question. In the modern NFL, would Marvin Graves make it? Seems to have a lot of Russell Wilson to his game. But NFL of that era not interested in these smaller mobile QBs - only 2 I can remember from that era were Randall Cunningham and Steve Young, both bigger than Graves. But I think he’d have a good shot to stick in today’s NFL.

Serious question. In the modern NFL, would Marvin Graves make it? Seems to have a lot of Russell Wilson to his game. But NFL of that era not interested in these smaller mobile QBs - only 2 I can remember from that era were Randall Cunningham and Steve Young, both bigger than Graves. But I think he’d have a good shot to stick in today’s NFL.
His back was really bad

I had that as my best home game. The 16-10 loss to Ray Lewis Miami team where Gedney was tackled at the 3 was electric too. Will ever forget Michael Owens running it in for 2 about 25 feet in front of me. BS PI vs Tennesse was madness as well. Mad at myself for taking those moments for granted.
You can’t appreciate the best of times without having the worst of times. We will be back again and it will be all that much sweeter.

I thought he was a better deep passer than McNabb. He lost interest in running the option as his career progressed because he was getting beat up so much. By then his skill set was more traditional NFL but not good enough to be on that level, in their judgement.

Man, you said it. We all unfortunately took it for granted. Any sliver of success we have now I savor like fine wine. I absorbed that 6-0 start last year and appreciated it and was so grateful for it. I will never take any success for granted again.

This was in the days before P shut down access to practice. The kickoff return wasn’t a surprise

The way Marvin threw the first td was a thing of beauty, exploded out of his hand. I think it went to Ferrell
Same with the opening bomb Rob in the Penn state game. Saw them work that during the week