"Lack of institutional control" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Lack of institutional control"

You just listed 3 things that happened in less than 6 months. At some point the whole smoke there is fire thing comes up. It's always something.

I can site you about a dozen cases where this exact thing has gone on at IVY schools

Yeah. Wherever there are college athletics, there are people working the system and getting out of trouble. The Ivy and Patriot leagues get a free pass with a lot of people because of the public stance they take of not giving "athletic" scholarships (which is a joke, btw). But, I've heard things from people who played sports in those conferences. They really aren't that different.

Yeah. Wherever there are college athletics, there are people working the system and getting out of trouble. The Ivy and Patriot leagues get a free pass with a lot of people because of the public stance they take of not giving "athletic" scholarships (which is a joke, btw). But, I've heard things from people who played sports in those conferences. They really aren't that different.

Some of you guys need to stop reading text so literally.

Re: your first sentence, for one, everyone is speculating, and secondly, I'm not sure the school deserves to be given much benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Why not? because Mark Schwartz got all excited he had a story that you believe (even though there's a hell of a lot of reasons not to...), so the University doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt?

That, my friend is exactly the attitude people on this board have expressed that prompted me to start this thread. Because frankly, that attititude is f**king b***. If you're gullible enough to believe everything that's has been reported as fact so far, there's no point in the University trying to win you over.

You just listed 3 things that happened in less than 6 months. At some point the whole smoke there is fire thing comes up. It's always something.

Possibly the least educated, intelligent, or well thought out cliche in the English language is "where there's smoke, there's fire". I listed out the reasons why that may not be the case here, and you respond with a lousy bumper sticker. Awesome.

How about explaining why I should believe Mark Schwartz, and Forde, and immediately think the worst case senarios about Melo rather than responding with a meaningless cliche?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom