Last second shots | Syracusefan.com

Last second shots

Orangemen

All Conference
Buffalo just missed a last second shot with the player holding it a split second too long when doing a finger roll layup.

After he let go of it, a Miami player just tipped it, but it went in anyways.

My question is, what would have happened if the buffalo player had shot it in time, then the buzzer went off, then the Miami player tipped it, but it still went in?

Would the Miami player touching the ball after the buzzer have killed the ball, just like having the shooter hold on to the ball too long?

Didn't that happen to us?

No wait that was a foul and shot clock violation

Buffalo just missed a last second shot with the player holding it a split second too long when doing a finger roll layup.

After he let go of it, a Miami player just tipped it, but it went in anyways.

My question is, what would have happened if the buffalo player had shot it in time, then the buzzer went off, then the Miami player tipped it, but it still went in?

Would the Miami player touching the ball after the buzzer have killed the ball, just like having the shooter hold on to the ball too long?

Sounds like it would have been a goaltend if the UB player had released it in time. Right?

If the shot had been before the clock ran out, and a Miami player tipped it, wouldn't that be a goaltend?

Sounds like it would have been a goaltend if the UB player had released it in time. Right?

If the shot had been before the clock ran out, and a Miami player tipped it, wouldn't that be a goaltend?

It sounds like you're right, provided the tip was a goaltend. I didnt see the shot in question, so I cant comment on it specifically, but if the guy had got it off on time and a defender had touched it afterward(goaltend or not) and it went in, it would seemingly have to count as a basket...and as luck if it wouldnt have went in without being tipped...folks would be able to use the word "epic" without shame. (Again, I didnt see the shot, so I'm not exactly what was meant by tipped).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom