Last three games vs. Miami | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Last three games vs. Miami

If there was a sexier time in college basketball history, I would love to hear it.

miami-hurricanes-v-georgetown-hoyas.jpg
Within a few years it went from super short shorts to giant pantaloons. Good lord these players from the 90s were wearing 40 pounds of clothes on them and did not look at all like athletes. I feel like the balance has finally been found in terms of more well-fitting uniforms.

The Maliq-Omier matchup will be really interesting
I think Maliq matches up well. Omier is undersized and he's Miami's leading scorer, and I think it's possible Maliq gives him a real tough time. Then we just need to shut down their 3 guards (Poplar, Clevland and Pack) from hitting a lot of 3s. Maybe I'm crazy but I think we can match up well with all their guys.

If there was a sexier time in college basketball history, I would love to hear it.

miami-hurricanes-v-georgetown-hoyas.jpg
is that a scrawny 40 year old man playing college basketball?

Is our perimeter defense good or have teams just shot poorly against us? It will be really important v Miami.
Seems pretty good. Teams attempt a few more threes against SU than D1 average, but make fewer of them

Unfortunately, Miami has been better. Teams attempt a lot more threes against them and they're pretty good at defending them. But Miami's 2pt defense isn't very good, so maybe having JJ and Judah drive the paint all game may work in our favor. Omier tends to get into foul trouble (leads the ACC in PFs) and turns over the ball a lot (39 total, 10th in the ACC, which is a lot for a big man). In fact all of Miami turns the ball over a lot.

Alright, this is going to be cakewalk. I've talked myself into it. Just run 'em off the 3pt line and capitalize on TOs.

1705689346210.png

1705689797657.png

Seems pretty good. Teams attempt a few more threes against SU than D1 average, but make fewer of them

Unfortunately, Miami has been better. Teams attempt a lot more threes against them and they're pretty good at defending them. But Miami's 2pt defense isn't very good, so maybe having JJ and Judah drive the paint all game may work in our favor. Omier tends to get into foul trouble (leads the ACC in PFs) and turns over the ball a lot (39 total, 10th in the ACC, which is a lot for a big man). In fact all of Miami turns the ball over a lot.

Alright, this is going to be cakewalk. I've talked myself into it. Just run 'em off the 3pt line and capitalize on TOs.

View attachment 236717

View attachment 236718
I might be dumb or crazy, but I think we might match up well against Miami. We shall see.

1/5/22 at Miami: we had an 18-point first-half lead, and lost 88-87.
3/5/22 at home: we had an 18-point second-half lead, and an 8-point lead with 1:44 left, and lost 75-72.
1/16/23 at Miami: we had an 11-point second-half lead, and lost 82-78.

This is a huge game on Saturday to really start to get our resume moving in the right direction. No more drama like in the last three games.
What has bothered me recently, besides these blown leads, vs Miami is seeing guys like Wong and Poplar against us. Philly kids who we should be getting.
Like Q!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom