Lawrence announced as Clemson starter / Bryant transferring | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Lawrence announced as Clemson starter / Bryant transferring

I can see a senior QB being very unhappy about losing out to a true freshman. Is FABIO Lawrence that good? Bryant didn't think so or should I say his ego wouldn't let him think so.

I can see a senior QB being very unhappy about losing out to a true freshman. Is FABIO Lawrence that good? Bryant didn't think so or should I say his ego wouldn't let him think so.
Bryant came in and won the game against TAM because Fabio wasn't able to get the job done. If they lost that game, they would be out of the NC conversation.

Speculatively, he looks like he is that good.

Not speculatively, he is a far, far better passer than Kelly Bryant was, makes the Clemson offense multi-dimensional, and is much better equipped to take advantage of our plethora of badass WRs. In turn, the way he forces defenses to adjust has also been opening things up for our badass RB, Etienne.

Question for Clemson fans:

16 sacks
0 interceptions.

How big of a concern is your defense outside your d line vs a a dynamic offense?

Question for Clemson fans:

16 sacks
0 interceptions.

How big of a concern is your defense outside your d line vs a a dynamic offense?
Our safeties suck and our corners are studs but no depth (and CB3 is suspended for this game, as of one hour ago).

Linebackers bring the lumber, but they look slow this year.

Our safeties suck and our corners are studs but no depth (and CB3 is suspended for this game, as of one hour ago).

Linebackers bring the lumber, but they look slow this year.
I appreciate the unbiased insight. Syracuse has a couple improving deep threats in Custis and Butler, however, I’m thinking our potential edge may now be over the middle with our fast/shifty slot guys. They aren’t the possession receiver Erv Phillips was for us last year, but they’re faster and have more shake.

Many here think finding Strickland/Moe/Howard in space on a quick dump pass may be a go to for us. Having seen highlights of clemsons dl/db’s I think this may be a mistake, and the middle is the real opening.

I appreciate the unbiased insight. Syracuse has a couple improving deep threats in Custis and Butler, however, I’m thinking our potential edge may now be over the middle with our fast/shifty slot guys. They aren’t the possession receiver Erv Phillips was for us last year, but they’re faster and have more shake.

Many here think finding Strickland/Moe/Howard in space on a quick dump pass may be a go to for us. Having seen highlights of clemsons dl/db’s I think this may be a mistake, and the middle is the real opening.
Probably right. TAMU killed us in the middle with the TE and QB runs. I like our starting corners Mullen and Terrell against any matchup. But after them it gets shaky, especially with fields (CB3) suspended. The depth guys were all 4-5* recruits and HS all Americans but they’re FR and RS-FR.

Well..

I think the key to us winning is forcing Clemson to respect the run, including Dungey. Need to have their safeties and LB’s active on every play. As soon as the opportunity presents itself and the core is tired, attack the middle with Johnson, Harris and Custis.

God its so frustrating that Pierce is out. He’d be such a weapon.

Well..

I think the key to us winning is forcing Clemson to respect the run, including Dungey. Need to have their safeties and LB’s active on every play. As soon as the opportunity presents itself and the core is tired, attack the middle with Johnson, Harris and Custis.

God its so frustrating that Pierce is out. He’d be such a weapon.
It’s pretty difficult to run on our front 7. TAMU has a stud tailback and he had like 20 carries for 30 yards.

It’s pretty difficult to run on our front 7. TAMU has a stud tailback and he had like 20 carries for 30 yards.
Never said it’d be easy! Dungey’s undoubtedly going to have to turn on the wheels. Strickland’s faired well against pro dl’s too in the past.

They are susceptible to quick throws, motion, and late shifts. Anything that takes time to develop, forget about it. Running into the teeth of the D won’t work. Dungey will get some yards running though.

Remember much different scheme though. Jimbo runs alot of counter and split zone that they plan for based on matchups. Different game than spread you out and run to grass, which is pretty much what Babers does. The individual match-ups are less important (def not saying they dont matter, cause they sure as hell do against you guysl.