Class of 2020 - LB Cornell Wheeler (MI) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 LB Cornell Wheeler (MI) Offered

I have a feeling by the time his NLI date is here, he will have every top 25 school after him. He is a good one and he has two full years left.

Free Article

"West Bloomfield has talent at every level and class. With juniors and seniors committed to major programs and others receiving scholarship offers, sophomore linebacker Cornell Wheeler did not enter the year as a name on the roster many outside of West Bloomfield knew.

His play this season has changed that. An instinctive, physical 6-foot-0, 205-pound prospect, Wheeler has been a tackling machine for the Lakers and was rewarded for his production with an offer from Syracuse this week.

"First off, I’m extremely blessed to have the opportunity to play varsity since freshman year and now also sophomore year," he said, "but I’m excited and thankful to have an offer from the University of Syracuse."

The Orange have recruited Michigan heavily of late, and in particular, this week, as they extended several offers in the state. Wheeler and junior teammate Tre Mosley were part of those offers.

"A lot of good players came from Syracuse and they have a really good program," Wheeler said. "I do plan on visiting Syracuse real soon."

Wheeler reports additional interest from Central Michigan, Ball State, Michigan, who he visited this season, Kentucky and Iowa State.

He said he hopes to hear from Michigan State, Purdue, and Penn State as he moves through the process."

Music to my ears, the orange are heavily recruiting Michigan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom