Class of 2021 - LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered

What's wrong with you people that this has only two likes?

I had a few moments away from screen time. I'm all caught up now.

Pitt is on the verge of getting a commitment from a 4* DL rated 94.5 and we are concerned about this kid? CUSE is being out recruited by our main rivals BC & Pitt while we compete w/ ODU.

It doesn’t sound like we’re “competing” with ODU, if we’ve moved on from this kid.

yep, those schools are putting high profile kids in the NFL, we aren't.
Chicken or egg. Do they put kids in the NFL or recruit future NFL players? At some point we have to grab more NFL talent. We can't just rely on developing diamonds in the rough. Of course some of what will allow us to do that will be beating our recruting rivals on the field consistently with whatever talent we do get. I think Dino can do both. Hopefully we see the next step in that direction whenever we get to play again.

Last edited:
It doesn’t sound like we’re “competing” with ODU, if we’ve moved on from this kid.
Let’s be honest we wanted this kid and would have taken him if he chose SU.
Doesn’t mean or confirm the sky is falling though.

Why are we sure this is the case

Why are we sure this is the case
From the PS article:
first-year linebackers coach Chris Achuff, one of his primary recruiters, told him he’s his guy.

“He says I’m No. 1 on his board,” Henderson said.

“For myself, other schools may seem to think you’re undersized. From what he tells me, yeah I’m undersized, but all the other things I do well, I do well enough to make up for myself. I’m quicker, more athletic. He sees something in me.”

Henderson said the defensive staff told him he could be the only player SU takes at his position in the 2021 class. That could change based on any additional roster attrition.

Wasn't that article written before we took two OTHER linebacker recruit commitments over this kid?
There was an article in June talking about his recruitment and knowledgeable people here said we had 3 spots for linebackers.

In addition to Syracuse, Henderson says Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Old Dominion, James Madison, Villanova and Temple are recruiting him hard. He says he that Pittsburgh and Wake Forest are also in touch from time to time.

There was an article in June talking about his recruitment and knowledgeable people here said we had 3 spots for linebackers.

That article was published May 15th.

We took Matthew on 5/22 and Roon on 5/24:

1595521277127.png

Source:

Maybe he's just tired of reading posts that say maybe he could play this or maybe play this, or he could help on special teams. The kid thinks he can play and could help and I agree with him. How many 17 or 18 year old kids do you know who want to hear some total self acclaimed guru speak to what they consider their limitations. Look I don't know that many of you. You may be the hottest HS coach in America, or the best Madden player around, but leave the recruiting to the SU coaching staff. And I am so damn tire of reading we have no chance against this or that school because they're better academically and they have a great network. (Michigan for one recent post) Have you heard of Maxwell, The Whitman School, Architecture, Performing arts? We're not Harvard, Stanford, William and Mary etc. but our liberal arts provides a solid degree and if you want to talk SU network. Have you even heard how lax puts kids in NYC internships in the summer? The virus is leaving us all with too much time on our hands. But read a book. Watch TV (Ozark if you haven't) Play Madden if you must. But please if you post, post positive. Stop the Jr high playing around with names. Encourage. If you went to SU sell it. I am really sad to think we may have lost Henderson. And if he's reading this I just want to tell him it's a great school. You'll have a education beyond value. You will be playing in your junior year for the ACC championship and possibly beyond. But in the end, whatever you decide to do, I wish you nothing but success.

The forum is for discussion. If people want to discuss player projections, or their assessment of a prospect, that's what the forum is for. If you don't like it, don't read it. If he or any prospect can't handle some critiquing or questioning on a message board I wouldn't want them here anyway - they wouldn't last long at the P5 level. You expect a kid that can't handle some words on a message board from an anonymous person that aren't even that harsh to be able to handle a hostile crowd after he misses an assignment or a tackle?

Let's be honest - if SU really wanted this kid he would've chosen SU. They were slow playing him (why he kept releasing a top 6, top 5, top 4) and then eventually decided to pass - at which point he jumped on his ODU offer. Pretty obvious - not sure how a reasonable person comes to a different conclusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom