Class of 2022 - LB Ryan Russo (PA) Visiting | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 LB Ryan Russo (PA) Visiting

I read Mike’s article and and the other posts in this thread. I don’t see anything about an offer.

Is he a PWO candidate? Is he a backup plan for someone else? I would think if we are bringing him in for visit this late in the cycle, we have to at least be seriously considering giving him an offer.

I read Mike’s article and and the other posts in this thread. I don’t see anything about an offer.

Is he a PWO candidate? Is he a backup plan for someone else? I would think if we are bringing him in for visit this late in the cycle, we have to at least be seriously considering giving him an offer.
No offer yet.

Nice athlete. 135 tackles is impressive production. The kid can run for sure. Great student too. Wondering why he doesn’t have more offers? What am I missing?

Nice athlete. 135 tackles is impressive production. The kid can run for sure. Great student too. Wondering why he doesn’t have more offers? What am I missing?
Film looks like he’s the best athlete on the field. Not sure if that is because of competition level or his overall athleticism. I’m curious what his 40 time is. Takes on blocks well and has a mean streak for sure. First step and pass defending could use some work but both things that are correctable with the right coaching. When he goes downhill I would not want to be a ball carrier in his way. Looks like a solid late cycle run-stopper pick up. Judging by some of the tweets above sounds like a leader and a great addition to a locker room. Not surprised Army offered.

Man Tom, I’m with you. His film is as impressive as any 3 star guys I have looked at. Once he makes his read, he is like a jackal heading for the ball. Unless you told me that the rest of the guys on the field with him are 6th graders I would be all over this kid.

Man Tom, I’m with you. His film is as impressive as any 3 star guys I have looked at. Once he makes his read, he is like a jackal heading for the ball. Unless you told me that the rest of the guys on the field with him are 6th graders I would be all over this kid.
From a great high school football program!!!!

Question between him and the LB from NY which do you think would be a better take?

DARN...Looks like a tweener.
I don't think he's 215... basketball says he's 195.
Not big enough to play P5 LB...not fast enough to play safety?
In all aspects he seems like a dedicated athlete and student.

Question between him and the LB from NY which do you think would be a better take?

I would take either at this point, but the kid from Buffalo. Bigger frame, less time on the field, provides higher ceiling.

It's a red flag when you play for the best program in Central PA and don't have offers from any of the regional schools. Colleges are constantly evaluating kids from that school. And even if he does come to SU, McDevitt's best players will always go PSU/Big Ten/Pitt before they come to SU.

I would take either at this point, but the kid from Buffalo. Bigger frame, less time on the field, provides higher ceiling.

It's a red flag when you play for the best program in Central PA and don't have offers from any of the regional schools. Colleges are constantly evaluating kids from that school. And even if he does come to SU, McDevitt's best players will always go PSU/Big Ten/Pitt before they come to SU.
I don't know why he doesn't have more offers but in general the portal has had a direct effect on the number of HS seniors offered. I think there will be a large number of unrecruited kids attending prep school or JUCOs this Fall.

There’s always a few kids you recruit for strictly special teams and hope by year 3/4 they can make the rotation at their position but know years 1-4 they will be studs on specials. I think this is one of those kids. He’ll probably kill it right away on kickoffs and punt coverage and doesn’t sound “sexy” but you need these types of kids on your team. We’ve had them in the past and every good team has them. A few of the kids that transferred out weren’t top 2 in depth at their position but were key special teamers so I’m sure the staff is looking to replace that production as well because it is important. Think this kid is someone they have in mind for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom